The Student Room Group

Share your number 1 essential revision tip and win our revision care package!

Hi everyone! :wavey:

For many, we are just round the corner from exam season 2023. Students everywhere will be doing their last minute preparation and revision before their GCSE, A-level and Vocational Qualification exams.

On The Student Room, we are all about connecting students with each other and support one another through those important points in your educational journey.

With conversations around every A-level and GCSE paper hosted on site, our all day revision threads for students to keep each other company and keep each other honest with their revision and a whole range of other support being given to students by students, TSR truly is a place where students like you can help each other get to where they need to go.

That's why we want to ask you...

What is your Number 1 absolutely essential revision tip?

Get your thinking caps on!

What is your go to when revising?
What has worked best for you in the last few months?
That one tip you would share with every student taking their exams alongside you this year if you could?

We will randomly draw one of the tips shared in this thread and the winner will delivered our Revision and Exams Care Package, curated and designed to help support YOU through the hard work and revision you will be putting in through the exam season.

Entries will close on Monday 15th May so we can get the lucky winner their care package in time to power through their revision!

Useful Links & Resources

A-level exam discussions
GCSE exam discussions
TSR's all day revision thread

Terms & Conditions

- Only one entry will be submitted into the random generator per user, although please do feel free to share more than one or chat :smile:

- Prize is only applicable to those entering at least one GCSE, A-level or Vocational qualification exam this summer, although we would love to hear everyone's top tips!

- Prize can only be delivered to a UK residence

- Winner will be contacted by staff via PM and will require a delivery address

- Winner will be chosen at random with an online number generator
(edited 11 months ago)
Tagging in our posters in the Year 11 and Year 13 chat thread, hope you don't mind just didn't want you to miss out :smile:

Year 11 and 13

hgyhfh
x

tiredfrog
x

Random-human47
x

tealeavees
x

username5619266
x

pepperstalk
x

username6010964
x

quartz_quadrant
x

m184
x

gstroud485
x

DAS246
x

adiva188
x

Hellokitty123abc
x

sophie hart
x

mmsilim
x

nataly333
x

Rohan007best
x

lcvedingdong
x

garhead2005
x

dorkpop2000
x

anonymous0222
x

Snackwars
x

Samya_B
x

Superjolly
x

Pwca
x

simplyikrah
x

Rottero_A21
x

Tarria
x

ellis23456
x

lol2468
x

paparie
x

Baayls
x

SDC843
x

robpow17
x

vesq
x

Jmes 0983476
x

Bayou_60
x

TSR Jessica
x

hoyam
x

bismah_ahmed02
x

amroelata
x

Yuzuname
x

rosesarero
x

JamesOden
x

medapp__3105
x

Angelisdreaming
x

orangetropic
x

Ethxn.cliffxrd
x

lastheaven
x

reecepuffs0
x

(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
What is your go to when revising?
when revising my go to is definitely anki flashcards
What has worked best for you in the last few months?
anki flashcards alongside questions from pmt for sciences
That one tip you would share with every student taking their exams alongside you this year if you could?
be conistent and always make sure you dont overwork yourself
Considering 2/3 of my A-levels are essay based which means your knowledge absolutely needs to be in check, my go to is summary sheets!
From my class notes and online resources, I compile summarised notes (which I type into notion) and fit write onto an A4 sketchbook. I've been able to fit all of the specification for economics into one sketchbook (one sided on 10 pages) meaning that I have the information handy anytime.
I also use it when I blurt as the summarised notes are all I need to know since all the other skills are application and evaluation.
Its super useful to just having to carry a thin sketchbook instead of a 500 page textbook!
For maths, practice practice practice. There's no better way than to practice past exam questions- and be consistent with the practice!
too late for people taking exams this year but i would highly recommend you save 1 set of past papers for the week before your exam.
blurting and past papers
Reply 6
Preparing essay plans has been great for me in English and religious studies. Flashcards are always my go to as well
Reply 7
@Evil Homer Thanks so much for tagging in, wouldn't have seen this otherwise! :biggrin:

Right now (with exams starting tomorrow) number 1 revision tip is definitely exam questions (and if you don't know the content well make a rough mindmap / flashcard set / annotate revision guides - but make sure you're time efficient, it doesn't matter if notes are messy as long as you understand them!).
Good luck with exams everyone, and don't stress, you've got this!! :smile:
Reply 8
I created cards on Anki for my A Levels (essay subjects) and then I write them out, testing myself with the active recall function. I'm not the most organised but organising my flashcards that I had also created and organising my Anki decks really helped. I also complete past papers and usually just 'mind vomit' up the stuff from my flashcards. I'm just working on exam technique by doing past papers !
Reply 9
my computig teacher did not teach me one thing so I was left all alone in year 11, what I did was I bought a computing revision note passport with all the info and learnt that- i learned everything from it and it was so helpful- I got an A* (grade 9) in that subject- does anyone want the link to it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending