The Student Room Group

Watches

woop
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

anyone who spends that much on a WATCH has more money than sense..
Reply 2
Reply 3
who wears a watch these days?
Why not get an iPhone? It has a watch plus so many other functions, it costs much less and it meets your criteria of something that looks like it costs around £500, is classy and is a well known brand...
Argos do some nice ones hun
casio - the one with the calculator.
Reply 7
Original post by ProgressDesired
Why not get an iPhone? It has a watch plus so many other functions, it costs much less and it meets your criteria of something that looks like it costs around £500, is classy and is a well known brand...

It probably won't last 20 years though! It will be terribly outdated if not broken after two.
Why not just get a cheap one? It's only going to end up getting rained on, and possibly scratched. I suppose it depends on if you want it for everyday, or a nice one for going out, and how much you'll use it.
Reply 9

Victorinox watches are really nice (the simple ones) don't know if they are in your price range, dread to thing how much they cost!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
£100 seiko and have a good time with the change?
Reply 11
I've got a black leather watch for £32 from next. Looks just as good as those expensive ones:hmmm:
Reply 12
Seiko, Mondaine, Tissot, Rotary and Citizen are decent watches for less than your asking. They're stylish and won't date... the aftercare of them are all good. I used to work in watches and Jewellery.

comes in lots of colours its cheapish and looks kinda cool and techy

I guess as a watch it has no real value other than the brand name tho.
Oris or Ball
Rado is the one bro
Original post by CarMM
I just want something that'll look like it cost that much

Get a cheap one, ask in asda to borrow their pricing gun and stick a £500 label on the face.
Breitling - Instruments for professionals
Reply 18
woop
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
In your budget, frederique constant and longines are good buys. You could also consider a vintage Omega.

Quick Reply

Latest