The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Sagamite
They are all perversion.

Be open minded and learn.

Sorry to bring this reality check to you, but homosexuality is not a perversion just because you and a few mistranslated verses in the bible say so.
Reply 61
I will only accept a videographic evidence of COMPLETELY gay animals. Not your spurious research reports authored by gay people.

And you call us perverse! :eek:
Original post by mmmpie
The wikipedia article you were given is very well referenced, but I take you didn't read it. Why read something that disproves your bull**** when you can just stick you fingers in your ears and shout the word "spurious".

However: Penguins, Vultures, Dolphins, Bears, Bonobos (who, incidentally, are very closely related to humans), Giraffes, Lions, Hyenas, Geckos, Dragonflies and Bed bugs. Enough to be going on with? I can find more if you'd like.

And you still haven't provided justification for your assertions that homosexuality is in any way bad. Even if it could not be shown to occur in nature, neither do clothes or computers and yet we don't consider those bad.

I have read it before and have figured it all out as bull*****.

As I said, learn to differentiate between homosexuality and homosexual behaviour.

No one has seen any animal population with homosexual animals.
Reply 63

As I said, learn to differentiate between homosexuality and homosexual behaviour.

Thats because your narrow little mind can't detach sexual activity from sexuality.
Reply 64
Original post by mmmpie
That's not what polygamy is.

Presumably you have no objection to people having multiple partners, all of whom know about and are quite happy with the situation?

Absolutely, but for the legal purposes of registering a partnership, it's akin to having 2 next of kins. It's logistically difficult and right now it's still fraud to the government.

Here's a recent case. I do feel sorry for the man and believe he shouldn't have been charged, but it's still fraud. You've made a false representation to the government.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017707804_apusbigamyfacebook.html

Edit: AAAAAH, I see, I've confused bigamy with polygamy, even though both are similar.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mmmpie
I see, so you want to regulate the thoughts of others. Weren't you invoking UDHR earlier? It guarantees freedom of thought and conscience.

I am not interested in regulating the thought of others, if I had such time, I would rather go and boil the ocean.

I am interested in regulating the activities of others. It is social responsibility as I am human (a social animal).
So you are cool with public nudism? You think it should not be banned?

Nude people should be free to ride on the tube with you and if you don't like it, you "avoid them"?

Use the reasoning hat here when you respond.

That's a bit different though. People don't go having sex (straight or gay) in public places, since that is illegal. Anyway, nudity isn't completely outlawed, as I am aware that some beaches and resorts in the UK allow people to walk around nude in the public.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
This, pretty much. I think Nigeria is more strongly religious as a country than the UK, even a lot of the Nigerians immigrants here are strong in their traditional beliefs.

I'm a child of Nigerian parents, but I've never really been truly homophobic. Yeah, I've always found it a bit strange and funny I must admit, especially as a kid, but I don't reckon being homosexual by itself warrants all the discrimination they have targeted at them. Plus, I'm sure if God is loving, he must love everyone, right?

This. :yep:
Reply 68
That's a bit different though. People don't go having sex (straight or gay) in public places, since that is illegal. Anyway, nudity isn't completely outlawed, as I am aware that some beaches and resorts in the UK allow people to walk around nude in the public.

Nudity is legal everywhere. The only offence is if someone is offended by your nudity.
Reply 69
I am not interested in regulating the thought of others, if I had such time, I would rather go and boil the ocean.

I am interested in regulating the activities of others. It is social responsibility as I am human (a social animal).

But apparently you aren't interested in justifying how or why you regulate the activities of others.

For the umpteenth time: are you going to give us some justification for why homosexuality should be considered 'bad', or not?
Original post by Teh User
In your opinion.

There is nothing illegal about the above act. Only if someone is offended by nudity does it become an offence.

Morals should not be a part of law, that's why the Wolfenden Committee which decriminalised homosexuality sat following the Harm Principles of John Stuart Mill.

More weak arguments.

So if someone is offended, you get arrested and you say it is not illegal?

Why should someone be able to get you arrested because they are offended you are naked? What is the basis of the arrest? And you talk about morals should not be part of the law?

Nudism is not illegal, necrophilia is dangerous, polygamy is fraudulent.

It is not illegal but you can be arrested for it?

How is necrophilia dangerous?

Polygamy is fraudulent? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You sure are silly. I am highly tempted to ignore you from now on based on such silly arguments.

It's exactly the same. People who exhibit homosexual behaviour can be gay or curious, but they've still done a natural act.

Show me a gay animal.

In your opinion, which happily is a minority in much of the civilised world nowadays. I long for the day when I can travel freely to some other nations without fearing imprisonment or potentially death because of who I am.

The brainwashed world!

Thank God I am such a minority.

What is a homosexual animal? What constitutes a homosexual animal? Having sex with same sex? No. Refusing opposite sex? No. Engaging in traditional romantic behavouir as observed in heterosexual penguins with the same sex? No. So wtf does it mean to be a homosexual animal then?
Reply 72
Absolutely, but for the legal purposes of registering a partnership, it's akin to having 2 next of kins. It's logistically difficult and right now it's still fraud to the government.

Here's a recent case. I do feel sorry for the man and believe he shouldn't have been charged, but it's still fraud. You've made a false representation to the government.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017707804_apusbigamyfacebook.html

I think we're going round in circles. Polygamy is currently illegal, therefore entering into a polygamous marriage is making a false representation to the state which is wrong as you say. But something being illegal doesn't make it wrong, just like something being legal doesn't make it right. Whether polygamy is wrong, is a different question to whether or not it is presently legal.
Reply 73
Thank God I am such a minority.

On this, I think we can all agree.
Original post by ohirome
Necrophilia is by far one of the most taboo subjects in society, however I think thats perfectly justified. Whilst many will obviously debate this, I don't imagine necrophilia is as built in as sexuality. Its one of the few practices that I would say is a preference built on psychological issues developed over time.

How did you come to the conclusion it is not a sexuality?

What makes you think homosexuality and peadophilia are not built on psychological issues developed over time?
Nudity is legal everywhere. The only offence is if someone is offended by your nudity.

Are you sure? I thought it was generally illegal? I mean, don't people get charged for indecent exposure or something when caught nude outside? :s-smilie:
Reply 76
How did you come to the conclusion it is not a sexuality?

What makes you think homosexuality and peadophilia are not built on psychological issues developed over time?

Common consensus is that sexuality is something that arises from social, environmental and biological evidence. Some evidence pertaining to hormonal imbalances in the womb. Whatever the reasons for it, it exists and cannot be changed.
Reply 77
Are you sure? I thought it was generally illegal? I mean, don't people get charged for indecent exposure or something when caught nude outside? :s-smilie:

Nope. Only if it offends somebody by exposing them to something that they had a reasonable expectation they would not be exposed to.
Reply 78
Original post by mmmpie
I think we're going round in circles. Polygamy is currently illegal, therefore entering into a polygamous marriage is making a false representation to the state which is wrong as you say. But something being illegal doesn't make it wrong, just like something being legal doesn't make it right. Whether polygamy is wrong, is a different question to whether or not it is presently legal.

I see your point, and it's a fair one. I still think the potential for someone to enter into two or more marriages with other people without the others knowing is unfair and that is why it should remain illegal. I do think it's unfair for the few who as a group properly love and consent to each other, but hopefully one time that ideal will be realised.
Reply 79

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8235959.stm - This may help.

Latest

Trending

Trending