The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Rida's experience studying MA Peace, Resilience & Social Justice

Hi, I'm Rida and I study the MA Peace, Resilience and Social Justice course here at Bradford. In this blog, I'll share why I chose this course and how I hope to help society build a better future. :smile:

Bradford-Peace-Museum-704x396.jpg

Peace, resilience and social justice are fundamental elements for creating environments where people can thrive and live fulfilling lives. MA Peace, Resilience and Social Justice is designed for those seeking an advanced understanding of the intersecting crises of climate change/ecological degradation, inequality and injustice, conflict and violence.

Why I chose Peace, Resilience and Social Justice
By studying this course, any individual can seek to understand the root causes of society's issues and work towards creating fairer and more equitable systems.

Peace studies often involve understanding the dynamics of conflict, as well as strategies for resolving conflicts peacefully and preventing future conflicts from arising. This knowledge is valuable for promoting stability and harmony within societies and across international boundaries.

By studying resilience, individuals and organisations can identify ways to build stronger, more adaptive communities capable of weathering various challenges. This course provides them with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively advocate for policies and practices that promote fairness, equality, and harmony.

Creating a better future
I am really enjoying my study period here and my degree will be completed within the next 12 to 14 months.

In my class, there are people who have come from Japan, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, and so many other countries. It is an amazing feeling that you are studying with so many regions in the same class.
I often feel sad when I think about not being able to meet up with anyone after completing my degree but I must say that coming to the UK and studying here was the best decision of my life.

Ultimately, the decision to study Peace, Resilience, and Social Justice is driven by a desire to create a more just, equitable, and peaceful world for all individuals and communities. This course empowers individuals with the knowledge and skills to contribute actively towards positive societal change.

Understand your self-worth
This course provides a holistic understanding of complex issues, fostering empathy and critical thinking essential for addressing systemic challenges. The impact extends beyond individuals, influencing communities and societies globally by promoting fairness, equality, and sustainable practices.

The topics of peace, resilience, and social justice often involve transformative events such as the global response to crises, breakthroughs in conflict resolution strategies, and the implementation of inclusive policies.

Witnessing the world collectively strive for a more just and equitable future, marked by resilient communities and systemic change, stands as a testament to the enduring impact of efforts in these vital areas of study.

My placement
After completing my first semester, I am eager to embark on my placement. I am keen on applying to the Quaker Peace and Social Witness NGO (non-government organisation) in the UK, known for its commitment to fostering peace, justice, and positive social change. Or I am searching for an NGO (non-government organisation) close to me.

Why should you study peace?
For students aspiring to study Peace, Resilience and Social Justice, it is crucial to build a multidisciplinary understanding by combining fields like sociology, international relations, and conflict resolution.

I would recommend that you engage in volunteer work, internships, or join relevant organisations to gain practical experience. Develop strong communication and critical-thinking skills, as these are vital in addressing complex societal issues.

The scope for professionals in this field is expanding as the world increasingly values inclusivity, diversity, and global cooperation.

As global challenges persist, individuals equipped with expertise in peace, resilience and social justice will play pivotal roles in creating positive change, fostering equitable societies, and contributing to a more harmonious world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending