The Student Room Group

Boy called "Ray" lived in forest for 5 years...

Hey all :smile:

Okay some of you might have heard about a boy called "Ray" who stumbled out of a forest and into Berlin last year September. He said after his mom died in a car crash, him and his dad took to the forest and lived there for 5 years. After his father died, he buried him and walked north for 5 days and ended up in Berlin. He doesn't know his surname. The police can't recognise his accent but he speaks English and broken German. If you look at him, it doesn't look like he has been living in a forest for a year, let alone 5. He look too well groomed.

Some of you might remember a baby who went missing in 1991 called Ben Needham. I'll insert a picture below, but to me, "Ray" and Ben Needham look similar. From the hair down to the nose. Maybe the kidnappers pretended to be his father and lied about his mom and date of birth. Any ways here is Ben Needham as a baby and a police computer of what he'll look like older (teen):

And here is the full story about "Ray" including his photo and his things that he had with him: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158713/Forest-boy-photo-English-speaking-Ray-lived-German-wood-5-years-pictured.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

What are your thoughts about the story? Could he be a runaway kid from another country perhaps? Could he be Ben Needham or another kidnapped child?
I've heard this story before and it's completely bizzare!

There can't be any link to that little kid because 'Ray' is supposed to be 17 I think. Also, I'm sure they could have done DNA tests even if they did have an inkling it was him.

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy, even if he is making the whole thing up!
Reply 2
Original post by SpiggyTopes
I've heard this story before and it's completely bizzare!

There can't be any link to that little kid because 'Ray' is supposed to be 17 I think. Also, I'm sure they could have done DNA tests even if they did have an inkling it was him.

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy, even if he is making the whole thing up!

They did do a DNA test and compared it to missing people, but couldn't find anything. Yes, he said he was born in 1994, but he "father" could have told him that because no-one remembers their own date of birth unless they have been told or looked on their birth certificate. But it is bizzare, especially if he is telling the truth. Like where was he staying before he went into the forest and how come he knows more English than German. I don't think his father/kidnappers were German, otherwise he would of picked it up a lot quicker. I really want to find out what happens next.
Original post by Derek.
They did do a DNA test and compared it to missing people, but couldn't find anything. Yes, he said he was born in 1994, but he "father" could have told him that because no-one remembers their own date of birth unless they have been told or looked on their birth certificate. But it is bizzare, especially if he is telling the truth. Like where was he staying before he went into the forest and how come he knows more English than German. I don't think his father/kidnappers were German, otherwise he would of picked it up a lot quicker. I really want to find out what happens next.

It's unravelling like a BBC1 9 o'clock drama!

He must have been living solitary for the past few years or somebody will have recognised him.

It's utterly incomprehensible and mad. More difficult to get your head round than quantum physics!

I do hope he has some relatives somewhere!
Reply 4
Original post by SpiggyTopes
It's unravelling like a BBC1 9 o'clock drama!

He must have been living solitary for the past few years or somebody will have recognised him.

It's utterly incomprehensible and mad. More difficult to get your head round than quantum physics!

I do hope he has some relatives somewhere!

Yeah!! I mean, he must feel like he has no-one left...no mom or dad or other relatives that he knows about. No friends too, because presumably the only person he has seen for the past 5 years was his "father". If I could be his friend I would.
Reply 5
Turns out he made the whole story up! lol. He ran away from home (Netherlands), took a train and ended up in Berlin.

Well, now he will probably be on talk shows, get a book written for him and a movie made on his story.
But surely a Dutch english accent is easy to make out lol and to think he has been given £5000 a month of help from the German government from September 2011.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9333519/Forest-Boy-finally-identified-and-admits-I-made-it-all-up.html
Reply 6
How strange :s-smilie:
Original post by Derek.
Turns out he made the whole story up! lol. He ran away from home (Netherlands), took a train and ended up in Berlin.

Well, now he will probably be on talk shows, get a book written for him and a movie made on his story.
But surely a Dutch english accent is easy to make out lol and to think he has been given £5000 a month of help from the German government from September 2011.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9333519/Forest-Boy-finally-identified-and-admits-I-made-it-all-up.html

:rofl: bizzare story nevertheless
(edited 11 years ago)
When people spell bizarre with two Zs...
Reply 9
Apparently he had "personal problems". No sh*t!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending