Visit website

Scroll to see replies

How is the new student union?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 81
still a building site :biggrin: (as of yesterday when I walked past)

they've got 4 weeks to finish it, going to be cutting it close I reckon!

congrats for getting in :smile:
Reply 82
grats to everyone who got their a lvls and are coming to lincoln uni :smile:

I will see ya all at freshers week where you will prob see me with 2 jugs of beer always in my hands. Feel free to come talk :smile:)))

And the new student union will be awesome. Wish i had that place last yr instead we had the sports hall lol, but was good non the less.

Anyway if ur wanna ask anything send me a pm :smile:

Oli
Lol the engine shed IS still a building site, i recon freshers are going to be walking around tripping over wires and stuff lol. I dont start work until after the 18th as im away in Corfu lol. So after the 18th look out for a bar lady with a tan and white blonde hair, being natural blonde the sun bleaches it :frown:
I defo will look out for you!

Where is it being built, I sortof imagined it as you walk from the main building to the campus halls but my uncle said it was nearer to the library... :dontknow:
Reply 85
take a look at the maps on the website. they'll be plenty of info on there.

shame the union website doesnt have more info on whats happening in freshers week

anyone out there doing health studies. or is in court 8?
Reply 86
yup the union is just behind the library (if you enter from rope walk to the uni carpark, it is straight infront of you)

has the uni not sent out any packs with what is happening in freshers? last year was quite organised but i didn't attend it due to it not being to my taste.
Reply 87
i havent got any packs about that. the last things i got were accomodation contracts and that. but i think theyll be sending stuff out soon when all the places are confirmed for freshers.
I tried to look on the SU website but I can't find much, I think Embrace are booked but the tickets are extortionate!
I got a load of info throught today about tuition fees and a diary of timetables for each subject. I was quite excited about perhaps finding out about freshers events but there was nothing about that in there. Theres always the free thursday to look around Lincoln for any psychology students to look forward too. That translates as shopping to me.
Reply 90
Heyyy

ive just been accepted to lincoln to do PR and marketing , has anyone got any heads up ? im reli worried about uni and stuff. but it shud be good as the uni looks cool.

Im also moving into hayes wharf too

Flat E2 B? is anyone moving in there?

Whats the uni night life like living away from the uni ? and is it far to walk

Chris
I was told by a friend that there is a good night out to be had at Lincoln so I can't wait. But in my experience its more about who are with than where you go.
I got in lincoln and am gonna be doin advertising & marketing..... aaaaaand im staying in Hayes Wharf, B6 from what i can remember... only thing that worries me about lincoln is the amount of swans that were hanging around outside when i went to pick out my room, am v.v.v. creeped out by them, not good!
Reply 93
i got into lincoln to do business studies, also in brayford quays flat 14!

went up to lincoln today and the su still had builders around it and building supplies! 4 weeks to complete it gonna b a tuff call, especially now that gigs are booked such as embrace! and they will have to furnish it and get chairs, tables etc in there shudnt take weeks but im guessin there already behind schedule! jus have to wait n see i guess!
Reply 94
i have faith that they will finish it on time, seen worse building sites with shorter deadlines :smile:
Reply 95
Knowing Lincoln it will be last minute rushing to get it done! Last year people moved into accommodation which only just opened and the paint was still wet and everything broke! Thankfully though that was last year and not now and I think things are now sorted, the library was finished on time and I remember people panicking about that so hopefully it'll all be done but Lincoln uni are slow with a lot of things so it doesn't suprise me to be honest.
Yay So many Hayes Wharf people! But nobody from building A, the ridiculously tall one! lol. Hayes Wharf was only just finished in time last year lol. Its to keep us all on our toes till last minute lol.

Nights out in Lincoln are amazing!!!! And if you live in Hayes Wharf or Brayford you got the best access lol. Courts are good to but the first two are closer! We 2 mins away from Scream and only 5 mins away from centre. The walk along Brayford is safe even at night. There are loads of people around and ive often walked home alone and im still here. Im from Nottingham and can honestly say its a totally safe place (appologies if anyone is unlucky enough to prove me wrong).

Is it wrong im getting excited and im a second year lol. Fresh Blood in Lincoln lol! YAY
Reply 97
heh
I went up to Lincoln yesterday, saw the Engine Shed SU being built... looks like 4 weeks will be a pretty tight deadline! lol
Reply 98
hey, i'm applying to lincoln through clearing (missed out on my 1st choice, Leeds Uni, by 1 mark :frown: and changed my mind about my insurance) I've applied for Psychology but I don't know whether to change it to Psychology and Criminology. I think I'm staying at Hayes Wharf which seems to be a popular choice! It's all a bit weird though cos I've been gearing up for Leeds now for the past year and pretty much had my heart set on it and now I'm going somewhere completely different. it's all so scary!
I was the opposite to you and Leed Met would have been my insurance but I never really felt the same about it as I did about Lincoln. There was just something about it that made me like it so much.

Is it true that those doing psychology can change to Psychology with child studies or something like that when we get there?

Latest