The Student Room Group

First year was a disaster, can I go to freshers on my second year?

For context in my first year which was a foundation year at Lincoln I didn’t really make any lasting friends due to my flat getting moved around early on, people dropping out and just a chain of bad luck. Ended up a painfully boring year. At my uni i’m allowed to stay in halls again and that’s what i’m doing, i’ll only be 19 (turned in june) and technically will be only just starting my first year as I did a foundation. Would I be allowed to, and would it be weird to attend freshers week, because I just want a complete fresh start because last year was a write off, not to mention chances are my flats probably first years. I’ve heard some unis have rules about who can attend certain events but I don’t know at Lincoln.
Thanks
Original post by c2004
For context in my first year which was a foundation year at Lincoln I didn’t really make any lasting friends due to my flat getting moved around early on, people dropping out and just a chain of bad luck. Ended up a painfully boring year. At my uni i’m allowed to stay in halls again and that’s what i’m doing, i’ll only be 19 (turned in june) and technically will be only just starting my first year as I did a foundation. Would I be allowed to, and would it be weird to attend freshers week, because I just want a complete fresh start because last year was a write off, not to mention chances are my flats probably first years. I’ve heard some unis have rules about who can attend certain events but I don’t know at Lincoln.
Thanks

@University of Lincoln rep might be able to advise if you can go and no, I don't think it would be weird.
Original post by c2004
Thanks

Hi @c2004,

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the challenges you faced during your first year of study. Secondly, everyone is welcome to attend freshers events. The events are a good way to make friends, no matter what year you may be in. I hope this reassures you, but if you would like to speak to the Students' Union for advice, you can contact them on 01522 886006 or [email protected].

Don't hesitate to contact us for advice!

Thanks,
Olivia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending