The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L (Nottingham at Lincoln) Applicant thread 2024

Note: This is a University of Nottingham at University of Lincoln Degree, rather than a University of Lincoln standalone degree.

Welcome to the University of Lincoln A10L 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7259917

For general information click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/mdcmdcub/
For entry requirements click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/cours...lapse222020-21

For selection process/scoring: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/undergraduate-selection-process.aspx

Cutoff last year was 123.

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
Good luck!

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
Good luck!
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do you guys think I'll be able to get in?
UCAT Score 2940 Band 1
Predicted grades A*AA
GCSEs 999999988
Work experience shadowing at GP practice
Work experience shadowing at a hospital, psychiatric section
Volunteering at a charity shop every week
Original post by ishaali0002
Do you guys think I'll be able to get in?
UCAT Score 2940 Band 1
Predicted grades A*AA
GCSEs 999999988
Work experience shadowing at GP practice
Work experience shadowing at a hospital, psychiatric section
Volunteering at a charity shop every week for an interview

for an interview yes, but to get an offer it's all down to interview performance
Reply 4
Hi
I got 32/32 for GCSE points, 40/60 for UCAT and 60/60 for SJT, so in total I have 132/152 points. Would that be competitive for Lincoln? Also do they look at SJT band after interview stage (bc I have band 1)?
Original post by VilasL06
Hi
I got 32/32 for GCSE points, 40/60 for UCAT and 60/60 for SJT, so in total I have 132/152 points. Would that be competitive for Lincoln? Also do they look at SJT band after interview stage (bc I have band 1)?

yes, that is competitive for lincoln. they don't look at sjt post interview
Reply 6
Original post by reubenn05
yes, that is competitive for lincoln. they don't look at sjt post interview

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I also heard that nottingham uses the same scoring system as Lincoln as they are partners. Which would be the better option out of Nottingham or Lincoln? Which uni is more competitive for places? Which uni is bigger and has more facilities?
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I also heard that nottingham uses the same scoring system as Lincoln as they are partners. Which would be the better option out of Nottingham or Lincoln? Which uni is more competitive for places? Which uni is bigger and has more facilities?

nottingham is bigger, not sure about facilities. nottingham also has a lot more places, but a lot more applicants. i think they are similar in terms of competition for places. maybe book onto open days - notts is 9th sept, lincoln 23rd sept
would 127 points be enough for 2024 entry ?
ucat 2660
preds A*A*A
wexp at step down facility, gynae ward in hospital and online gp experience
Original post by neworleans678
would 127 points be enough for 2024 entry ?
ucat 2660
preds A*A*A
wexp at step down facility, gynae ward in hospital and online gp experience

most likley, that's 4 points above last year's cutoff
Does anyone know what Lincoln's cut off normally is? I would get 124 points altogether. I am not sure if this is competitive enough to get me an interview at Lincoln??
Original post by holycookie
Does anyone know what Lincoln's cut off normally is? I would get 124 points altogether. I am not sure if this is competitive enough to get me an interview at Lincoln??

last year was 123, cutoff probably depends on if ucat deciles have risen and if amount of sjt band 1s have gone up, though this may be mitigated by gcse grade deflation
(edited 7 months ago)
last year was 123, cutoff probably depends on if ucat deciles have risen and if amount of sjt band 1s have gone up, though this may be mitigated by gcse grade deflation

thanks for your fast reply! Where did you find out about Lincoln's cut off? I saw somewhere that 123 was Nottingham's cut off and lincoln was 119 so I am a bit confused. Regardless, do you think there would be a chance of me getting an interview with 124 at lincoln?
thanks for your fast reply! Where did you find out about Lincoln's cut off? I saw somewhere that 123 was Nottingham's cut off and lincoln was 119 so I am a bit confused. Regardless, do you think there would be a chance of me getting an interview with 124 at lincoln?

you probably saw data for previous years. 123 was the cutoff according to the 2023 lincoln a10l thread. i think 124 would be a bit risky
you probably saw data for previous years. 123 was the cutoff according to the 2023 lincoln a10l thread. i think 124 would be a bit risky

Ok, just checked the nottingham/lincoln website and I missed where it says they double their VR score. So I actually think I would score 132! Hopefully this will increase my chances?? Also do you know the cutoff for notts at all?
Ok, just checked the nottingham/lincoln website and I missed where it says they double their VR score. So I actually think I would score 132! Hopefully this will increase my chances?? Also do you know the cutoff for notts at all?

yes that score would be safe for lincoln. cutoff for notts last year was 129
yes that score would be safe for lincoln. cutoff for notts last year was 129

thanks for ur help :smile:
Reply 17

Hi, I'm still not sure on whether to choose Notts or lincoln as my 4th uni choice. I know lincoln is safer bc the cutoff is lower but notts is 1 hour closer to where I live. Plus nottingham is a bigger city. Do you think I should go for notts or lincoln, I'm really struggling to decide between the two
Hi, I'm still not sure on whether to choose Notts or lincoln as my 4th uni choice. I know lincoln is safer bc the cutoff is lower but notts is 1 hour closer to where I live. Plus nottingham is a bigger city. Do you think I should go for notts or lincoln, I'm really struggling to decide between the two

just being strategic, i would go for lincoln, but if you're still not sure go to the open days, see which one you prefer. personally i would go for the one further away but that's probably just me lmao
(edited 7 months ago)
What does it mean by uni of nottingham at uni of lincoln degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending