The Student Room Group

Kings Halls

Okay, has anyone got first hand (or know someone with) experience of Kings residences??

My 1st and 2nd choices are going to be Stamford St & Great Dover St apartments.

I'm putting Hampstead in 5th because it's so far away from the Strand Campus and if I was going to be living there, I'd rather move in with my boyfriend! And Kings College Hall in 6th because I really don't want catered. (Followed by all the intercollegiate ones which I was reluctant to give any preference to at all as I don't want catering! Especially women only!)

Anyway, this leaves me with Wolfson House and Brian Creamer house. If anyone has any additional information I'd really appreciate it! Wolfson looks like it has a lot more stuff there (refectory, bar, squash :confused:, fitness room, pool..) but the photograph makes it look like a big tower block and not very nice. Brian Creamer has some gardeny areas which make me think it's nicer.. ALSO if you have any direct room related info (which is bigger..) that would be good too.

What I really want is one of the apartment places though - which I should hope I stand a good chance of getting, living WAY outside the M25, will have the form in on time, and am a first year!!!!
hey

i was lucky enough to go with some friends to see what the great dover street apartments are like - i must say they are really quite nice. Like you, i'll be putting the same first and second choices. - but i cant send my form off until i hear from my last uni - coz thats my first choice !!!!!
Kings College Hall always has vacancies... that said it's rubbish here. Well the actual accommodation is, anyway. That said, KCH has a great social atmosphere with the bar open evey night and parties every few weeks. We have a big common room with a projector to show films on, pool, snooker, squash, table tennish, Sky TV etc.

Basically, it's probably the best hall to go to if you want to make loads of friends.
Reply 3
dazmanultra
Kings College Hall always has vacancies... that said it's rubbish here. Well the actual accommodation is, anyway. That said, KCH has a great social atmosphere with the bar open evey night and parties every few weeks. We have a big common room with a projector to show films on, pool, snooker, squash, table tennish, Sky TV etc.

Basically, it's probably the best hall to go to if you want to make loads of friends.

Thing is I'm dead set on self catered! Hehe. & I'm not really bothered about making loads of friends just a couple would be alright!!

Does anyone know what an ethernet connection will be like in the apartments? How fast will my internet connection be! I'm used to ADSL!!

Latest

Trending

Trending