The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If the speculation is true, Graham Earl will be announced as Khan's next opponent. Very strange decision to go for someone like him after all the dross he's come up against so far, since Earl can actually box and has one of the best chins in the business. If Khan impresses against someone like Earl, and KOs him, he could probably challenge for a minor world title next year, and will probably deserve it imo.

EDIT: Also have to hand it to Kelly Pavlik and his excellent stoppage of Jermaine Taylor last week, which was very surprising I have to say.
Reply 301
I was impressed with Pavlik also, much hype regarding him in the states.

Khan is over-hyped imo. He has yet to fight a "proper" fighter yet is being billed as the next big thing. If he beats someone like Earl, I might consider him a good fighter but until then, just an arragant ****.
Reply 302
Yeah i love pavlik now, hes a humble fighter which adds to his likeability. But daahm classic taylor gave some punishing shots in round 2.
Big match comin up on Saturday.

Calzaghe vs Kessler

I'm predicting a calzaghe win mainly because i haven't seen much of kessler but apparently he's rated highly.

What does anyone else think??

PS. Anyone know which channel its going to be on????
Reply 304
It will be on ITV
Fusion
It will be on ITV

OH ok thanks. no, wait damn....im gonna be in scotland in the weekend. i knw they have a different channel up there. i wonder if they'll show it??
Calzaghe will win i think, he is a brilliant boxer!
Just merging this thread guys with our larger Boxing thread - it's been running quite a while and tends to get going around big fights. :smile:

I'm really hoping Calzaghe wins - it'll be an incredible fight. :biggrin:
Reply 308
Hey i swear in the press conference it said it will be on sentanta sports and not itv :s-smilie:

Anyway... i like joe, but im mad at him for beating manfredo, so i want kessler to kick his ass :p:

Kessler is good, but i think it will go the distance... and probably calzaghe wins it. Hope BHop v Calzaghe follows.
Reply 309
T_Bag
Hey i swear in the press conference it said it will be on sentanta sports and not itv :s-smilie:

Anyway... i like joe, but im mad at him for beating manfredo, so i want kessler to kick his ass :p:

Kessler is good, but i think it will go the distance... and probably calzaghe wins it. Hope BHop v Calzaghe follows.

I could swear Calzaghes fights are contracted to ITV. Might have changed it. I hope Calz can perform aswell as he did against Lacy.
Reply 310
Calzaghe's fights over the past two years have been shown on terrestrial broadcaster ITV, but Warren's Sports Network has signed a new deal with pay satellite station Setanta.

"I'm delighted to be teaming up with Setanta, who are now major players on the sports broadcasting scene," said Warren.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6280484.stm

oh well, im downloading it about a day or 2 after :p:

...wait this also means that no Danny, no Amir Khan, no Enzo, none of his fighters on itv anymore :angry:
no amir.....his matches are quite good. all action. so his fight with earl is on setanta?
Reply 312
Seems so, i hope not though...
Lloyd Fairweather - what a prick!

Just saw his interview with SSN, and I feel sorry for what he had to go through as a child and it perhaps explains why he is the way he is, but my god he's such a cock.

He is so materialistic! All he did was talk about how much money he has made, and how much he wants to make. Nevermind the cocky nature and insulting comments he has made to Ricky Hatton! Even for a boxer, he is too arrogant.

I've never seen anyone so deluded. And he's a Man Utd fan too! Could be Clubber Lang......;dry;
Synergetic
Lloyd Fairweather - what a prick!

Just saw his interview with SSN, and I feel sorry for what he had to go through as a child and it perhaps explains why he is the way he is, but my god he's such a cock.

He is so materialistic! All he did was talk about how much money he has made, and how much he wants to make. Nevermind the cocky nature and insulting comments he has made to Ricky Hatton! Even for a boxer, he is too arrogant.

I've never seen anyone so deluded. And he's a Man Utd fan too! Could be Clubber Lang......;dry;

He is over the top. Very arrogant indeed. I guess everyone takes his comments with a pinch of salt, since he has become the quintessential bad-guy/motormouth of boxing. But, he is the pound-for-pound number one in the world atm, and is one of the all-time greats, which just about excuses him.

If Mayweather in anyway underestimates Hatton on the night, Hatton could win. Very interesting fight indeed...I wouldn't like to call it really.
If Hatton is able to negotiate Mayweather with the same degree of class he has shown prior to the fight itself, then it will be a fine day for the sport as far as I'm concerned.
yeh true. he is very arrogant. but he gets jobs done. most of his fights aren't that interesting either. ie. the last one against de la hoya - he's quite defensive.did anyone see the pre-fight programme on sky sports with the preparation of the boxers (before de la hoya fight btw). it showed mayweather training - my god has he got amazing hand speed!!
Really looking forward to the Calzaghe-Kessler bout. Will be a very close fight imo, but Joe will be favourite because he's on home soil. Also rumours that Kessler's hand is in poor shape so he hasn't had much sparring.

Calzaghe on points or a late KO.
About to get under way

COME ON JOE !!

Do the business
Joe is avin him!!! No doubt!!!

Come on JOE!

Latest