The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth accommodation 2013

Hi guys!
Wanted to create a separate thread about specific and important topic - accommodation. In previous posts there are old, little and scattered info. Thought that a new one, more centered to topic would be great! :smile:

To start off - what are your opinions on accommodation (at least for those who got Conditional and Unconditional offers) - are you considering to live in uni halls(Sidings, Glasney)?
Or prefer to hunt some rooms in private sector of flats/houses?

As for me - money matters!
Uni halls are great, nice looking, but costly! If you can save up to ~150-200pm living in private house or shared flat - count me in.
Maybe there are similar minds who agree with me, and are willing to rent together a house(if there are 4-5 people who agree on this) or flat? :smile:

P.S. I think that I would not mind to share a room in Glasney, so this could be also an opportunity for those who agree with me.

P.P.S. I got an Unconditionl offer for Fashion Photography course 2013/14
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi :smile:

Got a conditional which I have firmed. Been looking at accomodation and it's all a bit confusing... I was however speaking to student ambassadors at my interview and they said the halls at Tremough Campus are great for first years.

I like the idea of cheaper private accom. but I think i'll stick with halls for the first year just because it's better socially and everyone's in the same boat :smile: then for the second year you'll probably have a group of friends who you can move with.
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
The halls in tremough are amazing. You share with some exeter and some falmouth students. Everyone gets the same, double bed, en suite, big room. It's great really! The buildings are like little houses and not big flat blocks too.
Reply 3
Original post by wrnicholls
The halls in tremough are amazing. You share with some exeter and some falmouth students. Everyone gets the same, double bed, en suite, big room. It's great really! The buildings are like little houses and not big flat blocks too.

It does look really nice! I'll be gutted if I don't get a room.
Reply 4
Original post by gee wiz
It does look really nice! I'll be gutted if I don't get a room.

Pretty sure everyone does.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
dear all!
i was actually wondering about accomodation too. ive got an conditional offer and planning to come to falmouth to study press and editorial photography. do you guys understand how to apply for accomdation? i didnt manage to find the time to call them like im living in france!
thanks
pierre

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by pierrem
dear all!
i was actually wondering about accomodation too. ive got an conditional offer and planning to come to falmouth to study press and editorial photography. do you guys understand how to apply for accomdation? i didnt manage to find the time to call them like im living in france!
thanks
pierre

Hi Pierre
Registration for accommodation will be available at the end of March. University will send out memo about it.
Reply 7
Quick question, have any of you guys experienced the Falmouth Maritime Student Accommodation studios?
I'm undecided as to which accommodation to apply for, either The Sidings or the above. They're around the same price but the studios have balcony, own living area etc...

Would be great if anybody could share anything in regards the above : )

Quick Reply

Latest