The Student Room Group

Falmouth VS Staffs for Computing Game Programming

Hi,
I have applied to both Falmouth and Staffs for Computing Game Programming related courses. However I can’t tell which one would be the best to go to. It says Staffordshire University is the best for my course but Falmouth is a better university overall and I would really like a good university experience. Can anyone from either university or just someone with some knowledge about the course, please help me out with which one to pick?
Original post by queergingerbeer
Hi,
I have applied to both Falmouth and Staffs for Computing Game Programming related courses. However I can’t tell which one would be the best to go to. It says Staffordshire University is the best for my course but Falmouth is a better university overall and I would really like a good university experience. Can anyone from either university or just someone with some knowledge about the course, please help me out with which one to pick?

Have you been to visit both?
How did you find them?

Does location make a difference to you? :holmes:
I’m visiting Staffs this weekend and I would visit Falmouth but it’s far too expensive so I’m relying on their website and social media for information. Considering I'm from London, I think living in a countryside area could be a big change but I could enjoy it

Original post by 04MR17
Have you been to visit both?
How did you find them?

Does location make a difference to you? :holmes:
I’m visiting Staffs this weekend and I would visit Falmouth but it’s far too expensive so I’m relying on their website and social media for information. Considering I'm from London, I think living in a countryside area could be a big change but I could enjoy it

Yep certainly. Worth saying that Staffs isn't quite countryside, it's a fairly (ex)industrial area but it is very very cheap. So it's a big money saver (I went to uni down the road at Keele). Falmouth I don't know too much about - but it is far more rural. If I can be of more help just let me know.
Hi,

Hey @queergingerbeer, how are you? :smile:

It's good to hear you're visiting one of the uni's this weekend, and checking out the other on their website and social media. Did you manage to find a virtual tour of campus, check if their current students were on unibuddy to chat to, and check out student profiles/blogs/vlogs etc on social? :smile:

Lots of important factors to consider when deciding between universities, you'll have probably thought about all these already but maybe write up a pros and cons list for course content, location, career goals, student life, placement opportunities, support services available, accommodation etc.

I wish you the best of luck in making your decision, I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you :smile:

Becky
Hi,

Hi I'm Danny, a fellow student here at Staffs going onto Level 6 in my undergraduate study.

Just going to go through my own experience studying at staffs and being a resident 'stokie' I can reassure you there are many hidden gems within the surrounding area!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my study here at staffs. I've been given opportunities to work and network with employers within the surrounding area, being fully supported by a team of caring lecturers that want the best for myself and my own career!

There are plenty of green spaces available surrounding the campus and within the area of Stoke-on-Trent, being within the top 5 for the greenest cities in the UK! On campus we have our very own nature reserve, a perfect place for breaks between lectures and to hang out with fellow students. Plus, Hanley park is less than a 5 minute walk away from campus, one of our many parks we have here in Stoke-on-Trent. Other green spaces include Westport lake, Mow cop castle and we are surrounded by the peak district!

For the social side of studying at staffs, we have Alton Towers right on our doorstep being less than a 40 minute drive and a daily bus service that goes to and from there! The nightlife aspect has something to offer for everyone. We have our own on campus club (Gobble!) which runs every week during term time as well as a variety of different pubs, bars, and clubs within Hanley and Newcastle-under-Lyme.

I hope this helps with your decision and the best of luck to you!

Any further questions, please let me know.

Danny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending