The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

I've already confirmed my place at Keele for 2013/14. (Currently on my gap year). Has anyone else already confirmed their place or hoping for an offer? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by onceuponatomboy
I've already confirmed my place at Keele for 2013/14. (Currently on my gap year). Has anyone else already confirmed their place or hoping for an offer? :smile:

Congrats on the offer.. and oohh gap year.. thats real nice :smile: :smile: What course have you applied for? Ive recieved an offer to study mpharm starting sept.. im excited.. how you feeling abt keele?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
I've firmed my conditional offer for biomedical science, will hopefully be seeing you there in September.
Original post by ScienceIsAwesome
I've firmed my conditional offer for biomedical science, will hopefully be seeing you there in September.

Likewise. :cool:
Reply 4
Firmed for sociology :biggrin:
Firmed my offer for history and psychology. Bring on September !!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ScienceIsAwesome

congrats on firming your conditional offer.. what are the condiitions for biomedical science?
Reply 7
Firmed for Marketing & Business Management!
I'm also on a gap year atm. ^^
Reply 8
Hello everyone. I've firmed an unconditional for Astophysics with a science foundation year. :smile:
Original post by galaxyizzie
congrats on firming your conditional offer.. what are the condiitions for biomedical science?

BBB
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Likewise. :cool:

Ha well see you there (hopefully)
I've firmed History (Single Honours)!
I was wondering where everyone was planning to live next year? When I went to an open day last week, the only rooms I was really impressed with was the Premier Ensuite but the 33 week contract and the lack of parking has put me off a bit. I was considering staying at liberty court or Caledonia House in Stoke on Trent but do you like living off campus would be disadvantageous? I don't want to miss out on anything happening at Keele!
Original post by charlotteyasmin
I was wondering where everyone was planning to live next year? When I went to an open day last week, the only rooms I was really impressed with was the Premier Ensuite but the 33 week contract and the lack of parking has put me off a bit. I was considering staying at liberty court or Caledonia House in Stoke on Trent but do you like living off campus would be disadvantageous? I don't want to miss out on anything happening at Keele!

Hey, I live in Lindsay Court (prem ensuite) atm and when i was looking at accommodation, i thought the same as you. All the other rooms are **** and the 33 week contract is a ball ache because you have to move in and out. I thought the parking would be a problem too.

But the 33 week thing isnt a big issue, because the time you are not paying, no one is on campus anyway (summer and easter.) The parking isnt an issue either, as I park on a road about a 5 minute walk from halls, just outside of Keele campus which is totally free and really close. I wouldnt recommend living off campus. Speaking to friends, nights out are a ballache. And for your first few months, most freshers are out 3 times a week. Which can cost a lot for taxis. You dont get the cance to live on campus 2nd and 3rd year. So make the most of it :smile:
Original post by benrowlands36
Hey, I live in Lindsay Court (prem ensuite) atm and when i was looking at accommodation, i thought the same as you. All the other rooms are **** and the 33 week contract is a ball ache because you have to move in and out. I thought the parking would be a problem too.

But the 33 week thing isnt a big issue, because the time you are not paying, no one is on campus anyway (summer and easter.) The parking isnt an issue either, as I park on a road about a 5 minute walk from halls, just outside of Keele campus which is totally free and really close. I wouldnt recommend living off campus. Speaking to friends, nights out are a ballache. And for your first few months, most freshers are out 3 times a week. Which can cost a lot for taxis. You dont get the cance to live on campus 2nd and 3rd year. So make the most of it :smile:

You've pretty much summed up my entire chain of thought! I was just wondering where exactly you park? I've been looking around on google street view and I can't see anywhere that doesn't have permit only signs or yellow lines.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 14
heey, im really struggling which to firm between Keele or UEA for biomed next year....
how is the course taught there?
i want to do medicine after, but ive heard alot of bad things about the stoke on trent area and that nightlife isnt that good :/ and that the music is mainly rock, which im really not that into
do people go to Manchester or Birmingham for nights out at all?
I firmed my conditional place for Criminology and Sociology for 2013/14, really hope to go!
Reply 16
Firmed my offer for medicine. So excited for September!!
Reply 17
Original post by charlotteyasmin

I'm living in Liberty Court at the moment, and I'd say that if you've got a car then it's a great place to live, otherwise it's a bit far from campus (in terms of how long the bus route is). I'd probably say live on campus if you can.
Reply 18
Hi
I've firmed Keele, but have not heard from Keele or UCAS, has anyone who has firmed Keele had any sort of email from them to say so? I am considering emailing Keele or UCAS to make sure nothings gone amiss :s-smilie: Thank you
Reply 19
Original post by EB95
Hi
I've firmed Keele, but have not heard from Keele or UCAS, has anyone who has firmed Keele had any sort of email from them to say so? I am considering emailing Keele or UCAS to make sure nothings gone amiss :s-smilie: Thank you

All I've had is one of those UCAS track update emails since firming. I was expecting something too, I'm still getting 'please choose us!' post from other unis :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest