The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Finding Fellow Postgrad Roommates in Nottingham?

Hello! I’ll be starting my PhD at UoN next year and I’m unsure how to find roommates similar age to me. Im 23 and I don’t want to end up with a bunch of freshers, I’d feel so creepy. Anybody got any tips or know how postgrads find roommates?
Reply 1
Hi Izzy!

I'm a final year here and hoping to start a masters for next academic year, I'm 22 now but will be 23 when I start it and also curious as to how to go about accomodation. There's a postgrad only hall called Varsity which you might want to look into!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Kayla7
Hi Izzy!

I'm a final year here and hoping to start a masters for next academic year, I'm 22 now but will be 23 when I start it and also curious as to how to go about accomodation. There's a postgrad only hall called Varsity which you might want to look into!

Hey! Yeah I saw there was a few post grad halls but they’re sooooo expensive, like £180+ a week, I’d rather rent somewhere with people, but thank you!
Reply 3
hmm, Varsity is around the £140 mark but still quite a lot ! I could add you on Facebook or Instagram and forward you some groups I am a part of regarding accommodation? I'm hoping to rent something too and looking at forming a group so could stay in touch regarding that?x
Original post by TheOnlyIzzy
Hello! I’ll be starting my PhD at UoN next year and I’m unsure how to find roommates similar age to me. Im 23 and I don’t want to end up with a bunch of freshers, I’d feel so creepy. Anybody got any tips or know how postgrads find roommates?

UoN has postgraduate specific halls, alternatively check social media to find student housing where there looking for additional students or potential new housemates to team up with.
Original post by Kayla7
hmm, Varsity is around the £140 mark but still quite a lot ! I could add you on Facebook or Instagram and forward you some groups I am a part of regarding accommodation? I'm hoping to rent something too and looking at forming a group so could stay in touch regarding that?x

That would be amazing thank you! I’ll pm you my details
That would be amazing thank you! I’ll pm you my details

I'm 22 and will be starting masters - also don't want to be with Freshers! There's Melton Hall which is postgrad only as well, although that's £178 a week!
Ah yeah I considered melton hall, but the reviews are awful, it’s 12-14 to a kitchen, even the video showing you around you can tell she’s trying her best (eg “the…compact…bathroom”). Yeah not great.
Original post by Your nana
I'm 22 and will be starting masters - also don't want to be with Freshers! There's Melton Hall which is postgrad only as well, although that's £178 a week!
Reply 8
Ah yeah I considered melton hall, but the reviews are awful, it’s 12-14 to a kitchen, even the video showing you around you can tell she’s trying her best (eg “the…compact…bathroom”). Yeah not great.

WHAT?!!! I thought it was like 6 to a kitchen? Where did you see the vid?
Reply 10

Thank you so much for sending that... christ. I ain't paying £178 for that. With private accommodation, I do want to make sure I'm like along postgraduate students or young professionals still though, that's kind of why I even considered halls in the first place
Reply 11
Original post by Your nana
Thank you so much for sending that... christ. I ain't paying £178 for that. With private accommodation, I do want to make sure I'm like along postgraduate students or young professionals still though, that's kind of why I even considered halls in the first place

Yeah honestly it’s grim. However it turns out , no matter where you apply, you are garunteed to be put with postgraduates. After seeing that video I said **** no and applied for Riverside Point. I triple checked with accommodation that I’ll only be in a flat with other postgrads, and that’s the same everywhere. Hope that helps!
Reply 12
Yeah honestly it’s grim. However it turns out , no matter where you apply, you are garunteed to be put with postgraduates. After seeing that video I said **** no and applied for Riverside Point. I triple checked with accommodation that I’ll only be in a flat with other postgrads, and that’s the same everywhere. Hope that helps!

I've not applied yet for accommodation, I only got a conditional offer because I've not finished my degree yet. Was going to wait for my classification just in case... but think that would be too late by then. I never knew that, so that's actually such a huge relief

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending