The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University Lindsay Block S Room 211

Hi, I've been offered accommodation in Lindsay Block S Room 211 which is a part en-suite.
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this room before and if so , if you have any photos of the room. The university accommodation page nor the accommodation portal has any information for me to see what the room or block will will look like.

Thank you!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by el_00
Hi, I've been offered accommodation in Lindsay Block S Room 211 which is a part en-suite.
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this room before and if so , if you have any photos of the room. The university accommodation page nor the accommodation portal has any information for me to see what the room or block will will look like.

Thank you!

Hi!
I live in Lindsay S (your room number starting with '2' means it's on the 2nd/top floor, '11' being the 11th room) but on a different floor and w/o the en-suite. I'll be moving out this month so would be more comfortable posting pictures (room, kitchen, bathroom etc) after that.

In the mean time, some advice & tips (assuming you're a Fresher):
- I did a nosy upstairs and your room is facing away from the road (a good thing- you have more privacy) so you won't hear cars/people walking on the pavement at late hours. However! Your room is close to the door that lets your flatmates in on that side. The doors are all fire-doors, meaning they are very loud when they slam. Basically, any-time anyone comes in/out on your side you'll hear them (if you're sensitive to noise bring earplugs)!

- Your rooms decently close to the kitchen and the shared bathroom (kitchen is 17 and bathroom is 7- for the people who don't have en-suite).

- (Depending on if you're moving in for the Summer or the next Academic Year) I would recommend bringing a dish-rack as that isn't provided and you'll be sharing the kitchen with a lot of people. If you're moving in for the Summer someone else might have already brought one.

- (If you're moving in for the Summer) the Flat (sadly) stinks of Weed- invest in a bottle of Odour Eliminator/Febreze! Especially if you have asthma, any breathing conditions etc. (If you're moving in for the next Academic Year) the Flat is poorly ventilated and soundproofed (you can hear people in the rooms either side of you) so bear that in mind.

Hope this helps, I promise to post pics once I've moved out (for privacy reasons). If you have any further questions/are a Fresher do lmk! :]
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Quick Reply

Latest