The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by abbie-kate94
My job is fairly demanding, although by no means was I suggesting that I work between 10-15hours per day. I simply like to keep busy. How will you cope with running a milk-shake bar and medical school? I'm considering quitting my job (& I'm only a shop-assistant) because I feel that the demands of medical school and keeping a job will be too much, particularly in later years.

Oh & umm, I'm not sure whether thats mean't to be a compliment or an insult, but I definitely did not attend a 'posh' school. I'm from a state school with only a 54% 5 gcse's at A*-C pass rate. I'm also the only person from my college to ever get a place at medical school. So I just class myself as lucky! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great to hear. Well done.

& I'm going to quit my job 2 days before I move in. Don't like the idea of working during times of study. But that means I will have to buy all my stuff a day before. Got any tips or recommendations on what to buy before moving in?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Hello all, any of you doing the Social Work Masters this year? Long shot but you never know.
Original post by 3RJ
That's great to hear. Well done.

& I'm going to quit my job 2 days before I move in. Don't like the idea of working during times of study. But that means I will have to buy all my stuff a day before. Got any tips or recommendations on what to buy before moving in?

Quitting two days before, not sure that your employer will like that, haha! I'm living off-campus in an unfurnished flat with my boyfriend. So we pretty much need to buy everything. If you're living in halls, some of your roommates will buy some stuff & you can all share :smile:. I'd just bring the necessities initially & wait to see what the others bring. You could always go shopping at some point during freshers week anyway. I'm going shopping this weekend to buy a microwave, toaster, kettle, knives/forks etc. Probably going to cry when I see my bank balance afterwards...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'll be starting physio in September and my accommodation is in the Oaks, anyone else there? :smile:
Reply 364
Original post by zoeneill1994
Hi I'll be starting physio in September and my accommodation is in the Oaks, anyone else there? :smile:

I'm starting physio too :smile: but I'm staying in hawthorns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benallen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good, glad I've found someone! You looking forward to the course? :smile:
Reply 366
Oh good, glad I've found someone! You looking forward to the course? :smile:

Yea can't wait to get started, what about you? Wonder do we have much physio things on over freshers week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 367

Hey I'm at The Oaks too. What block are you in? :smile:
Yea can't wait to get started, what about you? Wonder do we have much physio things on over freshers week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I'm so excited now :smile: have you heard anything from them, should we have bought any books or anything??
Original post by Sammz_94
Hey I'm at The Oaks too. What block are you in? :smile:

I'm in room OA A 206... if that means anything! what about you?
Reply 370
I'm in room OA A 206... if that means anything! what about you?

Oh that's great! I'm in OA A 219 & yes it does lol. Do you know anything else about the accommodation? Like how many people will sharing the flat? What course are you studying by the way? :smile:
Original post by Sammz_94
Oh that's great! I'm in OA A 219 & yes it does lol. Do you know anything else about the accommodation? Like how many people will sharing the flat? What course are you studying by the way? :smile:

Oh cool we'll probably be quite close by then?? And I think it's 8 people sharing a kitchen :smile: and I'll be studying physiotherapy, what about you?
Reply 372
Oh cool we'll probably be quite close by then?? And I think it's 8 people sharing a kitchen :smile: and I'll be studying physiotherapy, what about you?

Yepp! Oh right. That's cool then; a whole building shared between 8 people orr?? Sounds fantastic! Applied Envi Science & Geog. Have you started your uni shopping yet?
Reply 373
Hi! Is anyone looking for accommodation? I have a room available in a 4 bedroom house in Newcastle, Milliners Green. walking distance to the uni, less than 5mins by bus. Lots of students live in the area. Sharing with 3 girls. Let me know if you are interested

xx
Reply 374
Original post by IM5
Hi! Is anyone looking for accommodation? I have a room available in a 4 bedroom house in Newcastle, Milliners Green. walking distance to the uni, less than 5mins by bus. Lots of students live in the area. Sharing with 3 girls. Let me know if you are interested

xx

Hey! Yes I'm looking for accomodation :smile: Could you inbox me your contact details please? Thank you! x
Is anybody commuting, in particular from Birmingham?
Reply 376
Original post by Zazuwaved

Im commuting, but not from birmingham. I think there is one or two people on here that are though :smile:

Are you going to the event at keele tommorow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

which block are you in?
Reply 378
Original post by Zazuwaved

I am!
Original post by tmmd
Im commuting, but not from birmingham. I think there is one or two people on here that are though :smile:

Are you going to the event at keele tommorow?

That's cool :biggrin:, how long will commute be if you don't mind me asking? I am aware of the event but I don't think I will be able to make it tomorrow. However, I think there's another event on the 28th I should be able to make that.

Quick Reply

Latest