The Student Room Group

ISA tomorrow

Yo

I've seen the mark scheme and there are 0 marks awarded for accurate results. Anybody ever just faked results for an easier plot? is it a viable strategy? I'm tempted to plot the graph then take results from that.

Thoughts? suggestions? hate?
Original post by saltyjohn1
Yo

I've seen the mark scheme and there are 0 marks awarded for accurate results. Anybody ever just faked results for an easier plot? is it a viable strategy? I'm tempted to plot the graph then take results from that.

Thoughts? suggestions? hate?

In the past i've done exactly this. The paper may give you a graph with 3 points plotted and asks you to plot the other points. I would just draw a line of best fit then put the points near to that line in the appropriate spot. Technically only 2 points are needed for a line of best fit so it is viable however I wholeheartedly would NOT recommend faking results.
You say 0 marks are awarded for accurate results? What do you mean? As in no extra marks are given for producing results to a correct sig fig or decimal place?
Reply 2
By Accurate I mean close to the true value; if one were to fake results; points would be both easier to plot and calculations would be easier. Did ISA today and got absolutely raped; hoping for a C grade despite getting full marks on Section 1.
Reply 3
When I do them, I do the first readings legit, then for repeats I will change the reading a little bit to make it divisible by two with no remainder.

Quick Reply

Latest