The Student Room Group

50k what would you do with that

What would you do with 50k inheritance from your dad passing away.
Original post by Anonymous

Invest it. Stocks, Crypto, etc so you can amplify the money you got and set yourself for your life ahead like your (future) kids' university tuition, a house, maybe the holiday you want or the car of your dreams. Think of a way to make the money worthwhile (luxuries like cars and holidays) and last longer (stocks, crypto).

Fund it towards marriage and put half of it in my savings
Buy a flat or start a small business, it would depend what my plans and ambitions had already been.
Reply 4
Put 20 into.a stocks isa and use the other 30 as a down-payment on a place abroad.

spend it

Next question
Reply 6
Original post by NewJobStarter
spend it

Next question

I’ve spent 40k in last 3 years only got £10k feel bad, bare in mind I don’t work I’m studying
Reply 7
Original post by JA03
Invest it. Stocks, Crypto, etc so you can amplify the money you got and set yourself for your life ahead like your (future) kids' university tuition, a house, maybe the holiday you want or the car of your dreams. Think of a way to make the money worthwhile (luxuries like cars and holidays) and last longer (stocks, crypto).

Ivr spent 40k in last 3 years on luxury stuff only got £10k feel bad, bare in mind I don’t work I’m studying don’t have much knowledge on investing
I’ve spent 40k in last 3 years only got £10k feel bad, bare in mind I don’t work I’m studying

Well you just be very proud of yourself .
Ivr spent 40k in last 3 years on luxury stuff only got £10k feel bad, bare in mind I don’t work I’m studying don’t have much knowledge on investing

Start investing
Reply 10
Original post by JA03
Start investing

Into what
Reply 11

that's so very much your fault. You had a whole 50k and you wasted 80% of it
Very much depends on what other cash I have. But:
- a good chunk into bonds, s&s isa
- house/property deposit
- a small amount id use for a personal splurge on something sentimentalthat you two enjoyed together
Into what

Things that make more money. If it was me with just £10k left I'd be buying stocks in stable companies with good dividend history rather than fly by pants day trader & crypto bro nonsense, and also taking a look at specific saving account options, such as premium rates for locking away a lump sum for a few years. (same logic with bonds, but I have no personal exp with them)

*A dividend basically means you get a small share of the companies profits every year since you own part of it, no further buying or selling required. Unlike conventional savings those same stocks can both rise in overall value and pay ongoing dividends.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 14
the maximum amount of Premium Bonds you can have is..... £50 000

it was meant to be :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending