The Student Room Group

edexcel IGCSE 2013 may students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by parasagarwal01
I love maths.. So I hope it will be okay!! I need to ask you all!! Have you don't June 2012 paper 3H. Please explain to me question 18!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

YEAH, can people please help me for q18 !! :frown:
Is everyone pumped for the big week starting on 20th !?!? I have 8 big exams that week and after ... it's half term !!!! Thank god !!! Then another 5 subjects....
Original post by BuddingAchiever
Yeah, I was confused whether it was saying that her parents would pay for everything or whether they were not well payed which in this case is (ii) --that's what I put :/ and the last page was not too bad.... but overall it wasn't as hard as last year's

They were going to help pay. What you put is right, as their small earnings were mentioned. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people get for the one where you cross four boxes? (In French listening)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a constructions question on Maths today. There hasn't been one for the past two years!

(If anyone needs some revision for this, BBC has a good animated thingy http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/geometry/locirev2.shtml)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Qwerty1996
What did people get for the one where you cross four boxes? (In French listening)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put: he found his job boring
-he didn't hesitate to contact advertisement or something like that
-he found the interview hard
-after his interview he got an acceptance letter (or something along the lines of that ) :smile: what did you put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All I know is I got 2 boxes ticked in a row in the middle, the last one and the first box.. Which I think is what buddingacheiver is talking about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Original post by thelyphron
How are we feeling about maths tomorrow?

Not bad, just hope it stays like the May 2012, hope it doesnt get soo hard. Does anyone have a site for the HARDEST ever maths questions? do you practice Spec. B papers?
Reply 128
-after his interview he got an acceptance letter (or something along the lines of that ) :smile: what did you put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you guys even remember what you ticked? All I remember is I crossed 4, I crossed the first and the hesitate one, I forgot the other 2, but it was quite good, overall. Hope the Grade Boundary doesnt goo too high now.
Reply 129
Original post by darsan9
just wondering all the people doing the pople doing the may papers for the folowing subjects.we could make a group on it
-maths
-english
-french
-chemistry
-biology
-physics
-futhur pure mathematics
-ICT

PM me if you wanna join the group and discuss about the papers.:smile::biggrin:

pls note that even these will be moderated by the student rooms (if im not mistaken)
and will only be discussing the most probable questions
(and other things...)

hey im doing chem bio physics..:biggrin: i want to join too!!!
Reply 130
YEAH, can people please help me for q18 !! :frown:

Just remember that triangles AOD, DOC, and COE are isosceles triangles.
Now everything is easy! Lets Assume angle DCO = y

So,
y=2x (Exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of the two opposite angles)
Now we look at triangle DOC. We can take Angle DOC as y as well. (Isosceles triangle so two angles are equal)
Now we can form another equation.
y=69-x
Now equate the two equations,
so 69-x=2x
3x=69
x= 23.

This is just one way of solving the sum, but there are so many other methods, such as solving by finding angles DAO (which is 55.5).

Hope this helped, and Good Luck for today's Paper !
I hope its not very tough.
Original post by Vorte
Just remember that triangles AOD, DOC, and COE are isosceles triangles.
Now everything is easy! Lets Assume angle DCO = y

So,
y=2x (Exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of the two opposite angles)
Now we look at triangle DOC. We can take Angle DOC as y as well. (Isosceles triangle so two angles are equal)
Now we can form another equation.
y=69-x
Now equate the two equations,
so 69-x=2x
3x=69
x= 23.

This is just one way of solving the sum, but there are so many other methods, such as solving by finding angles DAO (which is 55.5).

Hope this helped, and Good Luck for today's Paper !
I hope its not very tough.

Pls explain the way of solving it via finding 55.5 as DAO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got exactly the same! A lot of people crossed the 3 month one I think, so I'm not sure if we got all right, hope so though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qwerty1996
Yeah I got exactly the same! A lot of people crossed the 3 month one I think, so I'm not sure if we got all right, hope so though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not 3 months one because they said he found his job monotonous at 3 months then after 1 month he left the job.. So that's 4 months not 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not 3 months one because they said he found his job monotonous at 3 months then after 1 month he left the job.. So that's 4 months not 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh great!! Good luck for math today guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
im doing bio chem and physics ... :biggrin:
Reply 136
Pls explain the way of solving it via finding 55.5 as DAO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well actually you can't do much with that 55.5. This method is way more longer and confusing but as you asked it ill show it.

We anyways need y as DCO. And y=2x.
This also means now ODC is also = 2x.

Now this is where things get confusing. Ill put in the best way i can.
We want angle DOC,
we can put this as 180-(69+x)
it is also 180-4x when you look at it from the other Point of View,
Now we write this for the supplementary angle's view.
69+180-x+4x= 180
so we come back to the original equation now, 69=3x, so
x=23.
Reply 137
good luck for maths today!
Reply 138
hey pliz add me too
im doin maths,english,chemistry,physics,biology,swahili,geograpphy and ict
Has anyone done spanish listening (9th may)

Quick Reply

Latest