The Student Room Group

Can you take both Cambridge and edxcel

Hi
Someone please help me out with this- can a person take an edexcel igcse exam for maths and english ONLY and the take a cambridge igcse exam for the rest of the subjects? They both have different grading systems so i dont know how that would even work but is it possible?
Reply 1
Original post by NotRightNow
Hi
Someone please help me out with this- can a person take an edexcel igcse exam for maths and english ONLY and the take a cambridge igcse exam for the rest of the subjects? They both have different grading systems so i dont know how that would even work but is it possible?

Yes I don't see why this would be a problem? I took igcse edexcel physics and geography, Cambridge igcse(CAIE) English lit and language, as well as gcse Edexcel, Pearson, OCR and AQA for the rest. We use a variety of exam boards at my school
(edited 6 months ago)
Yes in principle - its very common for UK students to do GCSEs from a range of exam boards. I think mine were from 3 or 4 in total?

Obviously for IGCSEs you have fewer exam boards to choose from but I believe as with the domestic exam boards they coordinate to avoid clashes in exams between exam boards for different subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest