Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Eeeeeee! :excited:

3 months has been too long to wait for more of the doctor.
    (Original post by redmoonrabbit)
    Ah I really like Clara, I think she will be a more interesting companion than Amy, to be honest.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    AND YES, Tennant will be in the 50th
    3 MONTHS HAS INDEED BEEN AGONISING

I do like Clara and he is?!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I love Tennant and all... but what about the doctor not being able to meet himself? Unless he's playing a different/new character but I don't think I'd like that either :/

ReputationRep:
    Probably already mentioned on this thread but just in case: info on 50th anniversary episode:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Tennant and Piper in the 50th anniversary episode?! Yeesssss! So damned excited now!

Anything about episodes not yet aired are spoilers. Please use spoiler tags.

[spoiler]Doctor dies![/spoiler]

ReputationRep:
    Gonna catch this tomorrow on iPlayer I think, the...

Spoiler:
    Show

return of two characters

... makes this a must-watch for me

Ape: lol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlockedd)
    3 MONTHS HAS INDEED BEEN AGONISING

Spoiler:
    Show
    I love Tennant and all... but what about the doctor not being able to meet himself? Unless he's playing a different/new character but I don't think I'd like that either :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He can meet himself him in the future, he just can't go in the TARDIS (paradox) however this is almost certainly the 'human' version although i expect as a plot twist we will see him get shot and regenerate). Love Tennant though however Matt is my second favourate.

I wonder what the Clara-River situation will be, perhaps Timelords are polygamous but keep their women in different time-streams.

Also i wish we got the Doctor's daughter back, that would be a great twist.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The 50th anniversary is (rumouredly) going to show the history of the Doctor so I would think that David Tennant is still going to play the Doctor, just at a different point in the Doctor's timeline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He can meet himself him in the future, he just can't go in the TARDIS (paradox) however this is almost certainly the 'human' version although i expect as a plot twist we will see him get shot and regenerate). Love Tennant though however Matt is my second favourate.

I wonder what the Clara-River situation will be, perhaps Timelords are polygamous but keep their women in different time-streams.

Also i wish we got the Doctor's daughter back, that would be a great twist.
    Me and my sister were saying we'd like to see the Doctor's daughter... would be great to have her reappear!
    (Original post by Sergeant Pepper)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The 50th anniversary is (rumouredly) going to show the history of the Doctor so I would think that David Tennant is still going to play the Doctor, just at a different point in the Doctor's timeline.
    Aaah, ok this makes me feel better

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was confirmed today that both he and Billie Piper will be in the 50th. Given this, most people speculate that it will be the Doctor-Donna version of him that was left with Rose in the parallel universe, so Matt's doctor won't technically be meeting himself. STILL THOUGH, TENNANT DDD

ReputationRep:
    Just over an hour to go folks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm SOOOOO excited!!! I shall miss Amy and Rory but Clara does seem cool so it should pass after a bit.
    Please reassure me, the rumors about the next Doctor being a women ARE false, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmoonrabbit)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was confirmed today that both he and Billie Piper will be in the 50th. Given this, most people speculate that it will be the Doctor-Donna version of him that was left with Rose in the parallel universe, so Matt's doctor won't technically be meeting himself. STILL THOUGH, TENNANT DDD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    OMG yayayay I would enjoy me some Ten again sounds like it's going to be epic. Wonder how the whole Rose/River thing would pan out though?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's nearly here!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if there will be a new theme.

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Anything about episodes not yet aired are spoilers. Please use spoiler tags.

[spoiler]Doctor dies![/spoiler]
    Can we have this in the first post or something?

Also I'll be watching this after you because of being in Canada, so will vanish till I've seen it :yep:

And we regenerated the thread early :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Can we have this in the first post or something?

Also I'll be watching this after you because of being in Canada, so will vanish till I've seen it :yep:

And we regenerated the thread early :teehee:
    Better than regenerating partway through the show and having to leave our companion in danger for a while :yep:

ReputationRep:

The Bells of Saint John

The episode plot line will focus on the doctor finding Clara this time in present day London they battle a new enemy the spoonheads as they use the internet to their advantage.

Writer Steven Moffat described the premise, "It's the traditional Doctor Who thing of taking something omnipresent in your life and making it sinister, if something did get in the Wi-Fi, we'd be kind of screwed. Nobody had really done it before, so I thought, 'It's time to get kids frightened of Wi-Fi!'". He denied that his intention was to give a warning about technology, but rather tell an adventure story about a "new way [for aliens] to invade" based on something viewers were familiar with. It was producer Marus Wilson who suggested that the episode be an "urban thriller", as the story would already be set in contemporary London to introduce Clara and the Wi-Fi monsters. Moffat compared the style to James Bond and The Bourne Identity. Moffat said that the episode was "an action roller coaster" rather than a story intended to be scary.

ReputationRep:
    I love Doctor Who!

Why did people put 2 dislikes for loving Doctor who? :/

(I know, I know, I changed the original post. Is that allowed? Who cares it's funny )

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    OMG yayayay I would enjoy me some Ten again sounds like it's going to be epic. Wonder how the whole Rose/River thing would pan out though?? :confused:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When you say 'the whole Rose-River thing' do you mean how would Rose take the Doctor's marriage to River? If so, I'm not sure it would be so bad, because she fell in love with the 10th doctor, and got to keep him, so she might not be in in love with the whole other character that is 11.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Steven Moffat on the 50th...I heard that all the Doctors will return!
    "You always want to make it special and huge and big. One of the things that I'm concerned about this year is that the show must be seen to be going forward. It's all about the next 50 years, not about the last 50 years. If you start thinking it's all about nostalgia then you're finished. It's about moving forward. The Doctor is moving forward, as he always does. He wants to solve the mystery of Clara. He's not thinking about all his previous incarnations and all his previous adventures. He's thinking about the future. That, for me, is important. The show must never feel old. It must always feel brand new, and a 50th anniversary can play against that."-SM
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Steven Moffat on the 50th...I heard that all the Doctors will return!
    "You always want to make it special and huge and big. One of the things that I'm concerned about this year is that the show must be seen to be going forward. It's all about the next 50 years, not about the last 50 years. If you start thinking it's all about nostalgia then you're finished. It's about moving forward. The Doctor is moving forward, as he always does. He wants to solve the mystery of Clara. He's not thinking about all his previous incarnations and all his previous adventures. He's thinking about the future. That, for me, is important. The show must never feel old. It must always feel brand new, and a 50th anniversary can play against that."-SM
    I've spoilered this for you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.