The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Eeeeeee! :excited:

3 months has been too long to wait for more of the doctor.

Original post by redmoonrabbit
Ah I really like Clara, I think she will be a more interesting companion than Amy, to be honest.

Spoiler

3 MONTHS HAS INDEED BEEN AGONISING

I do like Clara :smile: and he is?!

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Probably already mentioned on this thread but just in case: info on 50th anniversary episode:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Anything about episodes not yet aired are spoilers. Please use spoiler tags. :h:

[NOPARSE]

Spoiler

[/NOPARSE]
Gonna catch this tomorrow on iPlayer I think, the...

Spoiler

... makes this a must-watch for me :biggrin:

Ape: lol.
Reply 24
Original post by Sherlockedd
3 MONTHS HAS INDEED BEEN AGONISING

Spoiler

Spoiler

I wonder what the Clara-River situation will be, perhaps Timelords are polygamous but keep their women in different time-streams.

Also i wish we got the Doctor's daughter back, that would be a great twist.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21

Spoiler

I wonder what the Clara-River situation will be, perhaps Timelords are polygamous but keep their women in different time-streams.

Also i wish we got the Doctor's daughter back, that would be a great twist.

Me and my sister were saying we'd like to see the Doctor's daughter... would be great to have her reappear!
Original post by Sergeant Pepper

Spoiler

Aaah, ok this makes me feel better :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just over an hour to go folks!
Reply 29
I'm SOOOOO excited!!! I shall miss Amy and Rory but Clara does seem cool so it should pass after a bit.
Please reassure me, the rumors about the next Doctor being a women ARE false, aren't they?
Original post by redmoonrabbit

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's nearly here! :smile:
Reply 32
I wonder if there will be a new theme.

[video="youtube;6QGbsNIZ-uo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGbsNIZ-uo[/video]
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Anything about episodes not yet aired are spoilers. Please use spoiler tags. :h:

[NOPARSE]

Spoiler

[/NOPARSE]

Can we have this in the first post or something?

Also I'll be watching this after you because of being in Canada, so will vanish till I've seen it :yep:

And we regenerated the thread early :teehee:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Can we have this in the first post or something?

Also I'll be watching this after you because of being in Canada, so will vanish till I've seen it :yep:

And we regenerated the thread early :teehee:

Better than regenerating partway through the show and having to leave our companion in danger for a while :yep:
Reply 35

The Bells of Saint John

The episode plot line will focus on the doctor finding Clara this time in present day London they battle a new enemy the spoonheads as they use the internet to their advantage.

[video="youtube;Q2FTWhU5TIw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2FTWhU5TIw[/video]

Writer Steven Moffat described the premise, "It's the traditional Doctor Who thing of taking something omnipresent in your life and making it sinister, if something did get in the Wi-Fi, we'd be kind of screwed. Nobody had really done it before, so I thought, 'It's time to get kids frightened of Wi-Fi!'". He denied that his intention was to give a warning about technology, but rather tell an adventure story about a "new way [for aliens] to invade" based on something viewers were familiar with. It was producer Marus Wilson who suggested that the episode be an "urban thriller", as the story would already be set in contemporary London to introduce Clara and the Wi-Fi monsters. Moffat compared the style to James Bond and The Bourne Identity. Moffat said that the episode was "an action roller coaster" rather than a story intended to be scary.

I love Doctor Who! :biggrin:

Why did people put 2 dislikes for loving Doctor who? :/

(I know, I know, I changed the original post. Is that allowed? Who cares it's funny :smile: )
(edited 11 years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 38

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harrow.7

Spoiler

I've spoilered this for you.

Quick Reply

Latest