The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton uni - anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LepreJohn
Did you not like the uni or just Randall lines? You could have always moved into llomas street if you hated Randall.

Tho I agree with you it is a s-hole last year people I know found a bucket full of crap outside it LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just Randall Lines and I tried to get a room swap but the office told me there weren't any other rooms available so I didn't have a choice really.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by riddlemethis20
Just Randall Lines and I tried to get a room swap but the office told me there weren't any other rooms available so I didn't have a choice really.

Some of the people in that office are useless, there was free rooms around the end of semester 1 as alot of the foreign students moved, also I helped my mate switch rooms in llmoas street around Nov/Dec I believe it was
Some of the people in that office are useless, there was free rooms around the end of semester 1 as alot of the foreign students moved, also I helped my mate switch rooms in llmoas street around Nov/Dec I believe it was

My friend lived in Lomas Street and there was a spare room in his corridor and he also ended up moving out, I think they just couldn't be bothered to process the paperwork tbh, ive ended up with loads of fines coming out of my deposit because of Randall Lines.
Reply 43
My friend lived in Lomas Street and there was a spare room in his corridor and he also ended up moving out, I think they just couldn't be bothered to process the paperwork tbh, ive ended up with loads of fines coming out of my deposit because of Randall Lines.

I'm sure they are some mad people living there, last year when I was a first year I stayed in ensuite luckily knew a few people who lived in randall tho I wouldn't want to live there, I know of a guy who was kicked out of the uni and halls because he went down the garbage shoot twice and cut himself completely opened. I remember being in there last year pissed we all ran down my mates corridor banging on peoples doors and waking up most of the foreign people living there :L

Tho randall was just one of them places it was crap but it would have been the best year of your live. Also the fire alarms in randall last year would have made you cry they were going off most nights everyweek
I'm sure they are some mad people living there, last year when I was a first year I stayed in ensuite luckily knew a few people who lived in randall tho I wouldn't want to live there, I know of a guy who was kicked out of the uni and halls because he went down the garbage shoot twice and cut himself completely opened. I remember being in there last year pissed we all ran down my mates corridor banging on peoples doors and waking up most of the foreign people living there :L

Tho randall was just one of them places it was crap but it would have been the best year of your live. Also the fire alarms in randall last year would have made you cry they were going off most nights everyweek

The fire alarms was a massive reason for leaving, the security didn't seem to give a ****, they'd just kick us outside and make us wait for ages and wouldn't even tell us the reason it went off.
Reply 45
The fire alarms was a massive reason for leaving, the security didn't seem to give a ****, they'd just kick us outside and make us wait for ages and wouldn't even tell us the reason it went off.

Last year when it was snowing they got so sick of them going off they made everyone wait outside for over an hour or so to each everyone a lesson as they were going off so much there, I would have just moved out of randall tbh, so where are you living this year? Halls (like vicki halls) or a house?
Last year when it was snowing they got so sick of them going off they made everyone wait outside for over an hour or so to each everyone a lesson as they were going off so much there, I would have just moved out of randall tbh, so where are you living this year? Halls (like vicki halls) or a house?

Oh I didn't know that, I must have moved out by that point, thank god! im just going to be commuting, randall definitely put me off staying in halls!
Reply 47
Oh I didn't know that, I must have moved out by that point, thank god! im just going to be commuting, randall definitely put me off staying in halls!

It wasn't last year but the year before when I was a first year as I had got a text of a mate moaning about how the alarms went off

Not all halls are bad haha you should look into victoria halls if you commuting gets a bit too much for you, they are alot nicer than university halls by far imo you should check them out :smile:
It wasn't last year but the year before when I was a first year as I had got a text of a mate moaning about how the alarms went off

Not all halls are bad haha you should look into victoria halls if you commuting gets a bit too much for you, they are alot nicer than university halls by far imo you should check them out :smile:
Well ive looked at my possible timetable already and im only in 3 days so it shouldn't be too bad :smile:
Reply 49
Well ive looked at my possible timetable already and im only in 3 days so it shouldn't be too bad :smile:

That isn't bad then suppose it might just be easier tho getting home after a night out will be a pain unless you crash at someones place
Reply 50
Original post by Lukemorbey
is everyone excited for freshers.... 12 weeks away, doesn't seem long now at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know. its literally like just around the corner. cannoooot waitttt!! :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by josh_94
What a lovely thing to say...

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha.
Reply 52

hahahaha. he went down the garbage shoot. the idiot. thats hilarious. that just made my day. I'm glad to hear there's waaayyy crazier people in this world than me. phheeeww
I lived in North Road accommodation last year and I have to agree the services there are ****, I got a room with a leaking toilet so I went and told about it and said they send someone, nothing happened week later same question nothing happened, so I gave trying. There was a room inspection just before christmas and the guy had a go at me about my toilet and said I should of reported it straight away. Next year moving to Fiveway Halls, have no idea what to expect but its on the same road as the uni so its all good.

Freshers is great, the uni bar there is really small but you get to know people a lot.
I have to agree, accommodationservices of Wolverhampton are utterly useless! I've had a year long head ache! One of my flat mates was a proper little chav, I have absolutely nothing against parties but she brought back the roughest little ***** you could imagine! They weren't students or anything and they would put holes in our kitchen wall (of which I was charged 5 pounds) and they would deliberately knock on our doors and intimidate everyone on the corridor

This went on for at least 3 months and I reported it all with photographic evidence to accommodationservices. Every time I asked them about their progress they replied with "were working on it"

Most useless bunch of amateurs ive ever came across, ive been charged at least 20 pounds so far (and so has everyone else on the corridor) for damages that I had proved was not me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Hi, guys I am in a bit of a dilemma. OK so I applied to study genetics and molecular biology at wolves but I missed my deadline to enter the uni as my conditional offer and got put into extra and chose DMU. I don't even want to go there. I was really hoping to go to wolves as I also need the NSP scholarship which I think they offer for families with lower income. Well, I was entitled to it but now my place is gone and the deadline for the award was July 2013. Is it possible to apply through clearing and would I still be eligible for the award? Or shall call them up?

P.S I am also disabled and thnx for any answers.
If can still get into wolves uni through extra if they say yes. you can decline any offer but you can accept one which is the one you want to go to. With clearing its based on how many places are left on a course, say the course if for 40 people and only 30 got in, the uni would either choose the best out of rest or do a first grabs. At best I would recommend you phone so they know the situation.
Reply 57
Original post by Janjua
Hi, guys I am in a bit of a dilemma. OK so I applied to study genetics and molecular biology at wolves but I missed my deadline to enter the uni as my conditional offer and got put into extra and chose DMU. I don't even want to go there. I was really hoping to go to wolves as I also need the NSP scholarship which I think they offer for families with lower income. Well, I was entitled to it but now my place is gone and the deadline for the award was July 2013. Is it possible to apply through clearing and would I still be eligible for the award? Or shall call them up?

P.S I am also disabled and thnx for any answers.

Best thing to do would be to phone the admission place who deal with it and ask them :smile:
Reply 58
I am starting that course in September, when I thought I would not be able to meet my conditions I emailed to see if they could help. I was told if I could not meet my conditions then my only other choice would be to enter clearing and hope the conditions might be lower. Luckily I made all of the conditions, I logged a help desk call through evision. I prefer email to phone conversations as you have the answer for future reference. I hope it all works out for you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Hi everyone!
I have an unconditional from wolverhampton uni for health studies 2013!! i live in wolverhampton an the night life is good soo you all have nothing to worry about x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending