The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Year 2 at Uni of Wolverhampton

Hi guys! I just finished my first year of studying pharmacy at the University of Wolverhampton. Overall, my experience was pretty great, and I recently found out that I have passed all my exams and will be moving on into second year.

I am really excited about starting second year and am soooo curious as to what second year will look like, but, as the summer holiday has just started a few weeks ago, there is still a few months until I receive my new timetable and information for the new academic year.

I was wondering if there is anyone else here who has completed their second year of pharmacy at Wolves and could give me an insight on what second year pharmacy is like.

I want to know what the timetable looks like, the different strands and the content of each strand, the types and numbers of practicals and placements, and any group activities, such as TBLs. I, also, know there is a speaking exam in second year, so I was just wondering what that is like and what kind of support the uni gives for preparing for these exams.

Thank youuuuu
Reply 1
Original post by ella.indie
Hi guys! I just finished my first year of studying pharmacy at the University of Wolverhampton. Overall, my experience was pretty great, and I recently found out that I have passed all my exams and will be moving on into second year.

I am really excited about starting second year and am soooo curious as to what second year will look like, but, as the summer holiday has just started a few weeks ago, there is still a few months until I receive my new timetable and information for the new academic year.

I was wondering if there is anyone else here who has completed their second year of pharmacy at Wolves and could give me an insight on what second year pharmacy is like.

I want to know what the timetable looks like, the different strands and the content of each strand, the types and numbers of practicals and placements, and any group activities, such as TBLs. I, also, know there is a speaking exam in second year, so I was just wondering what that is like and what kind of support the uni gives for preparing for these exams.

Thank youuuuu

Hi, would you be able to give an idea of how the timetable looks for first year. Did you have to go in everyday, and is attendance compulsory or can you listen to lectures from home. Thank you
Reply 2
Original post by agdtdydy
Hi, would you be able to give an idea of how the timetable looks for first year. Did you have to go in everyday, and is attendance compulsory or can you listen to lectures from home. Thank you

Are you planning on going into Pharmacy for 2023?
Reply 3
Original post by ella.indie

Thank youuuuu

Hi,
Sorryy, I cant help with that buttt i'll be starting Uni of wolverhampton this september and could you help me with the syllabus? I took a gap year and ive basically forgotten my bio and chem a level content and i wanted to go over it before starting, so like what a level bio (if youve done bio) and chem topics do you suggest i go over instead of wasting time doing the whole spec.
Also, how difficult would you say pharmacy is? do you reckon i could balance my part time job alongside the degree or would i have to quit working? thats a lot of qs ahah but i'd appreciate if you could answer any of them.
Also, congrattssss on passing the first year, you smashed it!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending