The Student Room Group

Biosciences masters

Hi, I'm looking to apply to biosciences-related masters, like stem cells, bioinformatics, molecular biology etc. I've heard most people apply in March. Am I applying too late, would it put me at any kind of disadvantage? The kinds of Unis I want to apply to are: Aston, Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
It depends on the admissions process of each uni. Unlike undergrad they can all have their own calendar, so when you apply might affect the likelihood of getting an offer.

Some unis have staggered decision dates, others make them in a rolling basis. It could be that applying ‘late’ makes no difference at all, but it’s down to the specific uni.
Reply 2
Fair enough. May I ask did you do a bioscience related masters? Need advice applying for my current one

Or do you know where I can get advice from. The specific masters I’m looking at are stem cells (Aston uni), bioinformatics (Birmingham), molecular cell biology (Wolverhampton)

Tried to find some forums on TSR but it’s too hard to navigate and I think it’s too specific anyway.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CableTug
Fair enough. May I ask did you do a bioscience related masters? Need advice applying for my current one

Or do you know where I can get advice from. The specific masters I’m looking at are stem cells (Aston uni), bioinformatics (Birmingham), molecular cell biology (Wolverhampton)

Tried to find some forums on TSR but it’s too hard to navigate and I think it’s too specific anyway.

No Masters for me, but I work in postgrad admissions :smile:

I can give general advice, but nothing subject specific. I would hope the unis make it clear what their deadline dates are. In most cases if it is a rolling schedule, there is no reason that you'll be at a disadvantage for submitting later, (although you run the risk of the course closing).
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
No Masters for me, but I work in postgrad admissions :smile:

I can give general advice, but nothing subject specific. I would hope the unis make it clear what their deadline dates are. In most cases if it is a rolling schedule, there is no reason that you'll be at a disadvantage for submitting later, (although you run the risk of the course closing).

I've tried contacting students from Aston, Birmingham and Wolverhampton but can't seem to find any doing biosciences. I'm working with a careers advisor but she's based all the way in Cardiff (my old uni) so it's online and very short 30 min appointments. If I could find a student who wouldn't mind me whatsapping them whenever for help, that would be good.

Anyway, thanks for your help. From your experience, roughly when do most people send their applications in, just so I know how many months after the norm I am.
I've tried contacting students from Aston, Birmingham and Wolverhampton but can't seem to find any doing biosciences. I'm working with a careers advisor but she's based all the way in Cardiff (my old uni) so it's online and very short 30 min appointments. If I could find a student who wouldn't mind me whatsapping them whenever for help, that would be good.

Anyway, thanks for your help. From your experience, roughly when do most people send their applications in, just so I know how many months after the norm I am.

If it’s a Sept/Oct intake, the majority of people will probably apply between November and March. But we still have plenty of people applying now.
Hi, I'm looking to apply to biosciences-related masters, like stem cells, bioinformatics, molecular biology etc. I've heard most people apply in March. Am I applying too late, would it put me at any kind of disadvantage? The kinds of Unis I want to apply to are: Aston, Birmingham and Wolverhampton.

Hi @CableTug,

Great to hear you are interested in studying at the University of Wolverhampton, the best option for you is to contact our admissions team and find out if there are spaces left on the course you are interested in - the email address is [email protected] - they will be the best people to advise you.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with, and good luck with your application!

Thanks,
Helen :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending