The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton uni - anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasmin_jones
Hey I moved in on the 7th & I loveee my room :biggrin: & I'm doing Creative/Professional Writing & English, what about you?

I am all moved in now too :smile: my rooms really nice too :smile: sounds good when is your induction? I am studying pharmaceutical science :smile:
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Also moved, economy is actually quite nice :smile:
Reply 122
Im at Wolverhampton uni now. First year, also from here. Fancy a few student nights but dont know any other students going to this uni :/ x
Hi just wana make friends Uni starting tomorrow and really nervous :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
Same as ^
Yo peeps, I'm late in applying through clearing but I think I'll be heading up to wolves on weds. I think I'll be in city economy! What is it like??

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's actually alright :smile: Apart from the fire alarm getting set off all the time. But it's fine, and right across the road from Asda!
Original post by Amethyst44
It's actually alright :smile: Apart from the fire alarm getting set off all the time. But it's fine, and right across the road from Asda!

I rang up today and apparently someone cancelled their city ensuite, so I've been offered it.. but im not sure if I want to take it, because is economy more fun and lively? looks like ill be heading up on sat now. also has uni been fun so far?
Original post by Sophilicious
I rang up today and apparently someone cancelled their city ensuite, so I've been offered it.. but im not sure if I want to take it, because is economy more fun and lively? looks like ill be heading up on sat now. also has uni been fun so far?

I've got a friend in ensuite, the lift broke and he had to walk up twenty flights of stairs. Rather not myself! It's also about £30 more a week, I think. I like Randall Lines, it's friendly. Uni has been good so far, induction week was pretty boring, but going out was good.
Reply 129
Original post by Amethyst44
I've got a friend in ensuite, the lift broke and he had to walk up twenty flights of stairs. Rather not myself! It's also about £30 more a week, I think. I like Randall Lines, it's friendly. Uni has been good so far, induction week was pretty boring, but going out was good.

I think you mean Vicky halls. Uni halls (ensuite) are only 3 floors high

Posted from TSR Mobile
is city ensuite on lomas and north street? the ones on lomas street look really small and quiet, and I like to be somewhere lively, so would randall lines be better? I cant decideeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also whats everyone like?
Reply 131
is city ensuite on lomas and north street? the ones on lomas street look really small and quiet, and I like to be somewhere lively, so would randall lines be better? I cant decideeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also whats everyone like?

I stayed in ensuite when I was a fresher it was quite nice. Randall is a bit more livery but if you get in with good flat mates who are fun you won't regret moving into ensuite plus the fire alarms don't go off as much so its worth it imo
I'm staying in lomas standard and I've seen the ensuite a down here, no lifts. I'd say it's worth getting ensuite if you can afford the extra costs, the jump alone from standard to ensuite is pretty big. And as for lively, I can't speak for ensuites but out house (Hereford) haven't had a quiet one yet
I know this is a bit late to join the discussion but I'm transferring from Staffordshire Uni to Wolverhampton to be closer to home this week! I'm studying Journalism and Broadcasting and I wondered if there's anyone on my course or on something similar? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all!

I'm thinking about coming to an Open Day this Sat. I'm interested in doing a Ba in Primary Education :-D

At the young age of 30 lol I'm not fussed about the nightlife as I've done all that I jusr want a place to stay and be amongst fellow students. En suite is essential. I know I'll need a lot of support when I get there.

Ps im coming from Sheffield.

Is Wolverhampton THE uni to be in?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reall wanna go Sheffield for uni!!! Or Sheffield Hallam. I read its number 1 for social life and accom. Do u know anyone who goes to either unis n has the time of their lives? I visited wolves yesterday, does seen a bit grimy but there's a really friendly vibe from everyone. The accom feels a bit like a prison in en suite and think I would prefer somewhere like economy which is livelier. If I decide to actually go ill go next week and if I hate it I'm going to drop out. Also heard the nightlife is that great but I haven't experienced it yet so don't know. But there are some really nice old bits of the town n some really grim areas. There's a good shopping place as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reall wanna go Sheffield for uni!!! Or Sheffield Hallam. I read its number 1 for social life and accom. Do u know anyone who goes to either unis n has the time of their lives? I visited wolves yesterday, does seen a bit grimy but there's a really friendly vibe from everyone. The accom feels a bit like a prison in en suite and think I would prefer somewhere like economy which is livelier. If I decide to actually go ill go next week and if I hate it I'm going to drop out. Also heard the nightlife is that great but I haven't experienced it yet so don't know. But there are some really nice old bits of the town n some really grim areas. There's a good shopping place as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey.

Like any city it has its Pro's and Con's!

If you go with Unite accommodation then I would suggest, personally, staying at Devonshire Green and Bramall Lane as it had student bars galore at their door steps!

For night life being a homosexual it's not the best compared to, say, Manchester but West St and Devonshire Green have Student bar's and always Student Nights happening at Leadmill.

I know some that went and have stayed in Sheffield :-D

Where are you travelling from? Sheffield is not the cleanest of places lol I don't believe any bustling city centre is with all traffic fumes etc lol

There's Meadowhall too. What are you planning to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending