The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Integration by parts :wink:... 18.24

I got the same answer but didm;t use integration by parts however I added 4 to every y in the table above and used trapezium rule again and got the same answer:confused:
Okay....it's all gone wrong.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by momo26396
Do you think I would get full marks for the second part of the trapezium rule question if I simply added four units to each height and then used the trapezium rule again to get the same answer? ;s

Hi5 I did the same :biggrin:
Considering loads of people found this paper difficult in my school I would think the grade boundaries would be similar to January 2010, where 100 UMS was 68- although, as this was an easier paper I'd say 100 UMS should be 69
Original post by MAyman12
Hi5 I did the same :biggrin:

Score!! :biggrin:
Original post by tigerz
AHH I made silly mistakes got 64 :s-smilie: hopefully I can get an A :biggrin:
I got the first part of 8aii then didn't do the rest, was simple I dunno why!

In the last question I did the pythag the wrong way round :'(

And the integration I didnt get :s

Oh I know how they feel, I hope that gets you the A you wanted and I tend to answer a question correctly but back in my C2 exam I crossed out the right answer to give a wrong one, it annoyed me as I got 85 and probably would've got 90+ UMS as well, oh well you just gotta wait for results day now and time to focus more on your last two exams! :biggrin:
Original post by DJMayes
I haven't seen the most recent two, although June 2012 was the paper I sat... :lol:

Well take a look at todays paper for yourself :tongue:
Reply 3007
Original post by MathsNerd1
Oh I know how they feel, I hope that gets you the A you wanted and I tend to answer a question correctly but back in my C2 exam I crossed out the right answer to give a wrong one, it annoyed me as I got 85 and probably would've got 90+ UMS as well, oh well you just gotta wait for results day now and time to focus more on your last two exams! :biggrin:

Yup, I should do, although everyone says its easy, everyone in my school hated it LOOL! So did a few of my other friends so the ums might not be so high and i'll get my A!
Considering loads of people found this paper difficult in my school I would think the grade boundaries would be similar to January 2010, where 100 UMS was 68- although, as this was an easier paper I'd say 100 UMS should be 69

Man I wish it would be 73 or 74.
Original post by tigerz
Yup, I should do, although everyone says its easy, everyone in my school hated it LOOL! So did a few of my other friends so the ums might not be so high and i'll get my A!

Well the majority of the students taking it at my 6th form also found it hard except from the student who normally gets an E :s-smilie: ?
Is there any chance an A may be around 60?

Man I wish it would be 73 or 74.

LOL I got 8 wrong maximum - faillll
I need 67 to be full UMS ;')
Reply 3012
Original post by MathsNerd1
Well the majority of the students taking it at my 6th form also found it hard except from the student who normally gets an E :s-smilie: ?

LOOL, the ones who get E's may be the ones who thought they did amazing and clock later on :wink: or maybe they done good :biggrin:
My friend was telling me how all the people that get good maths grades were complaining so yeah :smile: i'm sleeeeeppppyyy
I wasn't focused at all so that I almost wrote "Math Error" instead of rejected next to the u=-3 in the factor theorem question:tongue:
Thank you so much:yy:

You are welcome.
I will do some longer solutions when time allows. :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Is there any chance an A may be around 60?

It's possible but given that a lot of people seem to have found it straightforward I wouldn't count on it. Ask your teachers, they would be able to give the best guesses at grade boundaries.
LOL I got 8 wrong maximum - faillll
I need 67 to be full UMS ;')

I would like that:tongue:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Why does Edexcel keep churning out the same straightforward C2 papers? :redface:. Firstly June 2012, then Jan 2013 and now this... trust me everyone thinks they got 100 UMS :s-smilie:

The students here are generally very able or/and motivated.
There will be enough marks dropped across the national cohort to make the paper 64ish for 80 UMS.
Original post by DJMayes
It's possible but given that a lot of people seem to have found it straightforward I wouldn't count on it. Ask your teachers, they would be able to give the best guesses at grade boundaries.

Cool thanks :smile: I think I've done well on my other two units so hopefully it will be okay :smile:

Original post by tigerz
LOOL, the ones who get E's may be the ones who thought they did amazing and clock later on :wink: or maybe they done good :biggrin:
My friend was telling me how all the people that get good maths grades were complaining so yeah :smile: i'm sleeeeeppppyyy

Got 74/75.

My A-Level maths journey is over sadly :frown:

I sign out from it with my A in Maths. :yep:

A :sad: moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending