The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
Let me try it again then lmao, that previous post saying final answer is now a lie haha

Its alright and you'll probably question how you couldn't see it at the beginning when you get the answer, I know that's what I'm thinking now! :tongue:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Oh yeah, so its just the first one then, it all makes sense now :tongue:

Awesome :ahee: How about this?

Spoiler

Oh god I can't believe I finished all my maths exams. My life is pointless now:frown:
Original post by MAyman12
Oh god I can't believe I finished all my maths exams. My life is pointless now:frown:

Really? Quite the opposite for me! I find maths exams are far too concerned with learning certain techniques and perfecting exam technique...learning maths outside the syllabus is far more interesting and satisfying :L
Reply 3184
Its alright and you'll probably question how you couldn't see it at the beginning when you get the answer, I know that's what I'm thinking now! :tongue:

Ahh okay, currently trying to simplify and I keep getting x=1/1 -.- But I know its not that and I can't leave the question alone now hahaha

Original post by Felix Felicis
Really? Quite the opposite for me! I find maths exams are far too concerned with learning certain techniques and perfecting exam technique...learning maths outside the syllabus is far more interesting and satisfying :L

True point, now I can just do random questions because they actually interest me, however out of all the exams I have, maths is my fave so I can see what he means :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)

Spoiler

My god, where do you find all these questions? :tongue: Is it sqrt2? I can't see a way of simplifying this one, actually let me get some paper I might have something :biggrin:

Don't ruin it for Maths Nerd, spoiler it xD Also, exact form or gtfo :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Ahh okay, currently trying to simplify and I keep getting x=1/1 -.- But I know its not that and I can't leave the question alone now hahaha

Okay, if you need to look at Felix's hint to me as that should most likely help you see what needs doing :smile:

Spoiler it please, don't ruin it for maths nerd :redface:

Spoiler

Okay using the same method is it

Spoiler

Reply 3191
Okay, if you need to look at Felix's hint to me as that should most likely help you see what needs doing :smile:

Theres a hint :O waheeey, time to go hunting! :holmes: Thank you :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Of course, I find maths A level dull and repetitive. But what I miss is the maths class itself. I have a very interesting teacher:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Spoiler

That's what I got. More questions Felix:tongue:

Spoiler

awesome xD
awesome xD

I must admit I would never think about looking at the expression in that way, its pretty cool actually :biggrin:
Reply 3196

Spoiler

You know the part you put a box around, is it the same as x? so x=11+xx =\frac{1}{1+x}
Original post by tigerz
You know the part you put a box around, is it the same as x? so x=11+xx =\frac{1}{1+x}

Indeed :biggrin:
That's what I got. More questions Felix:tongue:

I must admit I would never think about looking at the expression in that way, its pretty cool actually :biggrin:

How about...

Spoiler

Reply 3199
Indeed :biggrin:

OMFG yaaay! let me solve it now :smile:, Mathsnerd was right, you realise it was simple after

Latest

Trending

Trending