The Student Room Group
Original post by DJMayes
Felix probably would as I think he mentioned having done beta/gamma. I was joking anyway; it's clear enough that this is beyond syllabus (although some questions posted aren't clear enough in my opinion) and so I have no objection. That said, I don't think "Felix and I are A Levellers" quite cuts it as both of you have taken STEP in Y12 which makes you two the most skewed representation of A Level possible.

(And Fermat's Last Theorem is probably too easy for TPIT given how bad had gotten last time I visited. :tongue: )

I wouldn't really say this was that beyond A level - beyond the definition of the incomplete gamma function which is just an integral, this question can be done with A level knowledge as it's just IBP :holmes:
So lets put my name down in history of being part of the last page on this thread

Original post by justinawe
Why have you already made the new thread? :curious:

Because of this.
Original post by Robbie242
Be warned oh great fish; for the time is near, I draw upon the copy and paste button to be the first to create the Mega A Level Maths Thread MKIII, it will not be your time of glory, I will have both the Year 12 and A-level maths thread. Mark my words!

edit:Lol fish got scared and made a new thread

Thread is mine :colonhash:
THE FUNDAMENTAL THEOREM OF CALCULUS
ddxaxf(t)dt=f(x)\dfrac{d}{dx} \displaystyle \int_{a}^{x} f(t)dt =f(x)
Stop Spamming.

It's the first page. Fill it with maths.

x dy/dx + 2 - 4y = 0

Find general solution :mmm: or something
Can someone link the new thread? I can't find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Can someone link the new thread? I can't find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finish this first :mmm: properly.

FP4 or M3? (I'll learn FP4 regardless if I sit M3, but I won't learn M3 if I sir FP4, I probably will... But... Which is easier?)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Finish this first :mmm: properly.

FP4 or M3? (I'll learn FP4 regardless if I sit M3, but I won't learn M3 if I sir FP4, I probably will... But... Which is easier?)

What topics does AQA FP4 consist of?
Come on boys, let's wrap this thread up!

Let α, β, γ\alpha , \ \beta , \ \gamma be the angles of a triangle. Show that tanα+tanβ+tanγ=tanαtanβtanγ\tan \alpha + \tan \beta + \tan \gamma = \tan \alpha \tan \beta \tan \gamma

Go go go :gah:
(edited 10 years ago)

:erm: I'm actually unsure, I'll find out

Original post by Felix Felicis

Let α, β, γ\alpha , \ \beta , \ \gamma be the angles of a triangle. Show that tanα+tanβ+tanγ=tanαtanβtanγ\tan \alpha + \tan \beta + \tan \gamma = \tan \alpha \tan \beta \tan \gamma

How would you do that? :mmm:

Probably matrices and eigenvectors and stuff.

L'Evil Fish

I'd say M3 probably - a bit more mechanics would be a nice change to all the pure (but that's just my opinion) and M3 sounds like an interesting module
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Stop Spamming.

It's the first page. Fill it with maths.

x dy/dx + 2 - 4y = 0

Find general solution :mmm: or something

Spoiler

:mmm:
Probably matrices and eigenvectors and stuff.

I'd say M3 probably - a bit more mechanics would be a nice change to all the pure (but that's just my opinion) and M3 sounds like an interesting module

I'll find out after tomorrow, I'll do all of matrices on Thursday... (college taster tomorrow)

Ah, okay! I shall do FP1-3, M2-3 and S2.

Spoiler

:mmm:

You didn't show working :unimpressed:

Divided through by x. Then you saw the factor was 2/x... And ln and ****... Okay :colone:
Okay, someone give me a question to do as its the last page of this thread, plus I'm not very tired yet so I want to stay awake and do some Maths oh look at how much of a nerd I am :tongue:
So cant a mod just cut it now and link the new thread ?
Original post by ryanb97
So cant a mod just cut it now and link the new thread ?

still 4 posters to go :tongue:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Okay, someone give me a question to do as its the last page of this thread, plus I'm not very tired yet so I want to stay awake and do some Maths oh look at how much of a nerd I am :tongue:

Felix gave one.

Alpha, beta and gamma are angles in a triangle.

Prove tan alpha + tan beta + tan gamma = tan alpha * tan beta * tan gamma

I wonder

Spoiler

i geet the last one..Nearly..... lol
(edited 10 years ago)
You guys are so notoriously bad at "racing" to get the 10000th post! :tongue:

New thread here (sorry Fish, but your thread was far too early :tongue:): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2401236 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending