The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Teacher Training (Lifelong Learning) Cert Ed pre-service 2014-15

Hi has anyone embarked on the course already or anyone thinking of applying for the course mentioned in the title at Huddersfield University?

Let me know.

Im thinking of applying so please do share your experiences...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's a very good course that train you to work with young adults/further/futher college. Please go for it, we were invited for interview but we have not heard. Huddersfield Uni.. is a nice place to study please go for it but before you apply visit the department for more information they are very helpful.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi have you applied for the life long learning course? I'm looking to apply for this hopefully this year, is there any deadlines to meet?
Reply 3
Original post by Kronzo
Hi have you applied for the life long learning course? I'm looking to apply for this hopefully this year, is there any deadlines to meet?

havent applied yet. are you thinking of applying for the cert Ed or the PGCE lifelong??

Not sure about deadlines ;(
Reply 4
Original post by Kronzo

havent applied yet. are you thinking of applying for the cert Ed or the PGCE lifelong??

Not sure about deadlines ;(

Anyone else thinking of applying join in...
Reply 5
I have a place, anybody else on this course?
Reply 6
I've applied for the pgce lifelong learning. I've got a conditional offer. Looking forward to the course

What subject are you looking to teach @
Reply 7
Sports science, I eventually want to do a PhD and teach in HE. How about you? what level are you wanting to do the course at?
Reply 8
I am doing the pgce at masters levels hopefully. Can you access a phd with this course?

If your planning on doing a phd will you still be going on placements throughout the course?
Reply 9
I'll still be doing placements, I'm going to teach in FE for a couple of years before I enrol on a PhD (hopefully) what's your subject? I'm hoping to do the course at masters level too. Is it our decision?
Reply 10
Original post by Guest978886
I've applied for the pgce lifelong learning. I've got a conditional offer. Looking forward to the course

What subject are you looking to teach @

I am applying late just sending off my application. I was considering a year out but changed my mind.

I am applying for the PGCE in life long learning.

How long did your offer take?
How long was the interview?

I really hope it happens quick I dont think I could stand waiting on offers to long like I did for my degree.
Reply 11
I got an offer the day after my interview, I received a letter offering me an interview about 4 days after applying UCAS. The interview was scheduled for about 4weeks after I received correspondence, but I guess it depends what days the interviews are scheduled for as for part of the interview you are in a group with the other interviewees.
Original post by Dan_Nogg
I'll still be doing placements, I'm going to teach in FE for a couple of years before I enrol on a PhD (hopefully) what's your subject? I'm hoping to do the course at masters level too. Is it our decision?

I think ultimately it shall be their decision based on our degree class, academic writing from the interview and our performance in the interview as well as their judgement when we first start.
Original post by vicks1234
I am applying late just sending off my application. I was considering a year out but changed my mind.

I am applying for the PGCE in life long learning.

How long did your offer take?
How long was the interview?

I really hope it happens quick I don't think I could stand waiting on offers to long like I did for my degree.

I sent my application off on I think around 10th January and received an offer around 20th January for an interview on the 6th February and thereafter got an offer around less than a week later.:smile:

My subjects are Maths/Numeracy with ICT
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I sent my application off on I think around 10th January and received an offer around 20th January for an interview on the 6th February and thereafter got an offer around less than a week later.:smile:

My subjects are Maths/Numeracy with ICT

Brilliant. Im not sure if I may have to wait slightly longer because its the Easter holidays starting Monday. So probably at least 2 weeks put of the office. Just got to wait and see. I have had two interview offers but Huddersfield really is my first choice.
Reply 15
I accepted my conditional offer a month ago but haven't received a letter of confirmation from Huddersfield yet, has anybody else?
Original post by vicks1234
Brilliant. Im not sure if I may have to wait slightly longer because its the Easter holidays starting Monday. So probably at least 2 weeks put of the office. Just got to wait and see. I have had two interview offers but Huddersfield really is my first choice.

I think its a matter of just waiting now. What subject you looking @ teaching?
Original post by Dan_Nogg
I accepted my conditional offer a month ago but haven't received a letter of confirmation from Huddersfield yet, has anybody else?

Just received offer on UCAS, haven't really had anything come through the post from them though. They will probably get in touch nearer to the time though.
Reply 18
I think its a matter of just waiting now. What subject you looking @ teaching?

Teaching law is what I have wanted to do for a while now. What about you?

Everyday I keep coming home from work to find interesting looking envelopes but never from Huddersfield.
Hi everyone,:smile:

I know I'm a few months late, but I am also applying for this course. I have contacted Huddersfield directly and they are still accepting applications so thought I would give it a go.

I have a few questions about the personal statement for the application on UCAS and I'm hoping someone will help me. :smile:

I have a 2.1 English Degree, 9 A-C gcses including Maths, Science and English. I've also got experience in working in Schools and tutoring in HE. So hopefully fulfill the entry requirement.

I have looked on the Hudds Website and can't find clear information about whether the course will be subject specific?
i.e for English Teachers in HE.

In my personal statement I am being slightly generic as in stating 3 subject preferences that are listed in the course modules- English, Media Studies and Art. I do have experience in all three and included that too. Do you think that is a safe thing to do? Or should I be more specific in talking about English?

Also, should I discuss in depth about my modules in Uni ? Or more about my teaching experiences?

I also have alot of SEN experience as well, but I'm not sure if I should use up word count talking about it all or just mention it briefly?

Lastly, I know there is a section in the UCAS application which asks for you to write down your Professional Skills Test number ect- however I have previously failed the Numeracy (3rd attempt :frown: ) so will not be able to pass it for the start of this course. Does it matter if I leave this part blank?

Does anyone else have some further pointers about personal statements?

With Course Fees, when I contacted Hudds they explained that Student Loans can fund the entirety of this course which is great! So that's another reason I want to apply. I have been out of the Uni/education loop for awhile so I think my skills in writing applications and personal statements have diminished slightly so I'm really struggling. I would really appreciate any advice!

Congratulations and good luck to everyone else! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending