The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU course in BSL / SSE

I am hoping to find a course in the above subject.
I do not have any A or O levels. I left school at 15 with a Scottish School cert in Art . back in the day at primary school because I was left handed a teacher made me write with my right hand, when she caught me using my left hand i got the belt across my left hand six times. She then tied my feft hand to my side with string. This battle went on between us for a whole term. She did not win. Except of course I hated School. I joined the Fire Service at 19 years of age. I studied and passed all Fire Service promotion exams. I was selected for an accelerated promotion course and completed the course . Which included subjects in Chemistry, electricity, hydraulics and maths. I passed the course and was promoted to officer in charge of my watch. So i know when I really want to do something I can. I went on at 30years of age and got City & Guilds in Air Brake technology. Also a City & Guilds certificate in tachograph analysis. Later I gained a Road haulage certificate.
I am 74 years of age , I really want to get a degree in the above subject. But I feel I need a foundation course in English grammar. Would I be able to do both courses side by side?
The OU doesn't offer courses in BSL / SSE unfortunately. Unless you mean you want to do a degree in Art?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
The OU doesn't offer courses in BSL / SSE unfortunately. Unless you mean you want to do a degree in Art?

If I wanted to do a degree in Art, I would have written Art and not BSL/ SSE.!
Original post by Papaharpo
If I wanted to do a degree in Art, I would have written Art and not BSL/ SSE.!

Apologies, I was a little confsued by your original post. As mentioned in my post above, the OU doesn't offer those kind of courses.
Reply 4
Thank you kindly.

Quick Reply

Latest