The Student Room Group

English literature Unit 1 exam: Kindertransport and Of Mice and Men

I'm quite terrible at English exams because both times i've had bad experiences such as panicking to the point where I had to close the blank paper or where i've been ill-informed of the time at which to attend my exam, resulting in turning up 20 mins late.
I genuinely need to do well in this exam, so how many paragraphs would one write aiming for A/A* in each question? (Question one and question two part A and B). 45 mins on each question? Also what are the examiners actually looking for to give the top marks? Insightful analysis? Language device inference? I literally have no idea, my teacher is ridiculous.
Does anyone have any thoughts on who/what might be asked of for the Of Mice and Men questions? I'm thinking Curley (as he hasn't yet come up) or George and Lennie as they are major assets to the novel.
Also has anyone seen example answers for the questions?
I have no clue what i'm supposed to talk about or relate to, whether you can talk about the novel as a whole and specific details that it asks for or whether you just comment on a given passage...
Even if you're just doing Of Mice and Men I would really appreciate thoughts or advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I heard it was going to be slim or Lennie and George individually

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending