The Student Room Group

Anyone used Crest Whitestrips?

I brush 2-3 times a day, for at least 2-3 minutes, and no matter how much whitening toothpaste I use, or what different brands I try, it's like my teeth are just destined to be yellow.

I don't smoke, or drink coffee/tea... I used to drink a lot of fizzy soft drinks, but the last few weeks I have just been drinking water with squash added, and water on it's own.

However my teeth are still really yellow, despite the "guaranteed whiter teeth in 2 weeks" claims

So I'm thinking about trying Crest Whitestrips, because it's really affecting my confidence. Can anyone recommend them, do they really make your teeth sensitive, and what's a good price to pay in the UK?

Thanks
I haven't tried them myself but I've seen plenty of reviews on YouTube, most claim that yeah they do make your teeth slightly sensitive but it's bearable and you'll live. They seem to work well especially if combined with their toothpaste.

Personally I use Oral-B's whitening toothpaste with their toothbrush and Listerine (the blue one that whitens by removing stains) and my teeth are pretty white even though I drink tea regularly. I've heard that sometimes your teeth can turn yellow due to other underlying causes and that can't be fixed by using whitening toothpastes etc, have you spoken to your dentist about this? Besides, they don't actually 'whiten' your teeth exactly, they just make them as white as your natural teeth can go.

Sorry if some parts didn't make sense o.O kind of tired. But give YouTube a go and speak to your dentist just in case.

Oh, and try baking soda if you haven't already!
I've never used them (I'm curious though) just a tip about the whitening toothpaste:
It only works by removing stains so it can never get your teeth whiter than they naturally are, and some people just have naturally yellow teeth.
So yeah, if you want whiter teeth you may need to try something stronger.
i've used the advanced vivid ones a few years ago and they do work really nice but fade after about 3 months
i've never had yellow teeth to start with but i would say they BRIGHTEN the teeth, not whiten if that makes sense?
i'll probably be able to find a picture of my teeth close to the time when i used them if you want
i would recommend if you have a special event coming up
i wouldn't if you're looking for a long term fix

and i paid £30 on ebay from an american seller
they're not legal in the uk so i wouldn't buy from a uk seller even if it's cheaper because i would think something's dodgy with them!
x
i've just started using the crest advanced vivid strips, only used a couple so far but i can already see results! i'm using them every two days instead of every day to avoid tooth sensitivity and it's worked - my teeth feel no different at all. i got seven packs for £12 from ebay, which seemed to be the best deal.
Reply 5
Buy some hydrogen peroxide from amazon (perfectly legal in the uk) 9% solution,
Buy some baking soda
Mix equal parts to a small paste and brush once every two days
It's a very well known remedy that I discovered a while ago.
Total cost for me: £3

My teeth used to be seriously yellow but their about 3 or 4 shades whiter and brighter

Hydrogen peroxide is the bleach they use to professionally whiten your teeth, although dentists use a much stronger solution, this is perfectly adequate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest