The Student Room Group

Ashes 2013 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm willing to take one for the team and stop watching. Seems to be the only thing that'll get a wicket.
What did I say yesterday?
Root is going to be absolute trash this ashes series.
Nick Compton was going to peak his performances for this ashes but the stupid selectors chose Root because he had a good run of 5-6 games scoring above 30 in each.
I hope Australia win for this very reason - Now lets see typical Bell face 60 balls scoring 10 runs then get out.
Reply 22
Think 230 will be a more than competitive score to defend on this track, especially with Swann. Effectively 92-4 now though so a long way to go.
Original post by cleveradam
What did I say yesterday?
Root is going to be absolute trash this ashes series.
Nick Compton was going to peak his performances for this ashes but the stupid selectors chose Root because he had a good run of 5-6 games scoring above 30 in each.
I hope Australia win for this very reason - Now lets see typical Bell face 60 balls scoring 10 runs then get out.

Couldn't agree more. Shocking 1st test, both innings, for Root.
Original post by DH1'
Think 230 will be a more than competitive score to defend on this track, especially with Swann. Effectively 92-4 now though so a long way to go.

280+ would do for me.

EDIT: 280+ lead that is.
Reply 25
Original post by Roronoa
280+ would do for me.

EDIT: 280+ lead that is.

It wasn't looking that good after Bairstow got out. Credit to Bell and Prior though. Should get 280-300 now.

Original post by Roronoa
Couldn't agree more. Shocking 1st test, both innings, for Root.

What about playing both and dropping Bairstow?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Let's bat out today and then put them in before lunch tomorrow. It is only day 3, after all.
Lmfao. Aleem Dar been eating too much.
I guess it evens out Trott's decision?
Aleem Dar, you're the best umpire in the world, but that was a shocker.

Broad still should have walked. Don't know how batsmen can bat on when they know they're out.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Broad still should have walked. Don't know how batsmen can bat on when they know they're out.

Happens the whole time...very very few players walk, even if they should. Never seen one so obvious though.
I don't want Broad to score more runs after that. I know it happens all the time but that is disgraceful. Definitely not in the spirit of the game.
Reply 31
Such a small edge that it didn't show up on hotspot. More than feasible that Broad doesn't know he hit it.
Original post by Drewski
Such a small edge that it didn't show up on hotspot. More than feasible that Broad doesn't know he hit it.

Forget hotspot, it was a huge deflection!
Reply 33
Forget hotspot, it was a huge deflection!

Not denying it, but if he didn't feel anything and, obviously, doesn't have our angles or points of view, then he might not know.

NB; not saying he doesn't, just a maybe. Two sides to the story and all that.
Original post by Drewski
Not denying it, but if he didn't feel anything and, obviously, doesn't have our angles or points of view, then he might not know.

NB; not saying he doesn't, just a maybe. Two sides to the story and all that.

Reply 35

It's called devil's advocate.
Original post by Drewski
It's called devil's advocate.

It's called a thick edge!
Reply 37
It's called a thick edge!

Blame the ump, not the player.

You really think any of the Aussies would walk?
Why should he walk (if he knew he hit it, which judging by hit reaction, if he does he should go into acting)? No one does it these days. This spirt of the game stuff is rubbish. It's the umpire's job to give someone out. They didn't. Umpire's fault.

Did Agar walk when he saw he was out of the crease? Clarke didn't walk on an even more obvious catch in 2010.

Did Agar walk?

Quick Reply

Latest