The Student Room Group

Help with application for student finance

Please could I have help and guidance how to complete the student finance application previous study section.
I started to fill in application but I am very confused how to fill in previous study section.
I started to study in 2012 February with Open University and in July 2013 I achived 120 credits and I was awarded Cert He in Higher Education Open. I carried on study for another three years however I did not achive any further qualification and I withdrawn from Open Degree in 2016.
When filling application there is option which qualification I was studied so I put CERTHe as I did not get degree but when asking me when I started the the course and when finished I dont know if I need to put the time which it took me to be awarded Cert He or I have to put the whole time when I was at uni even though after I complete the Cert He I did not had any more qualifications awarded. Please can I have help with this as I want to make sure I put all correct.
Thank you
I've moved your thread to the Ask SFE forum so that it will be answered by an official SFE rep (being Easter weeked this may take a little longer than usual). :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
I've moved your thread to the Ask SFE forum so that it will be answered by an official SFE rep (being Easter weeked this may take a little longer than usual). :smile:

Thank you very much
Original post by Karolla85
Thank you very much

Hi Karolla,

You put down the dates you were in study for. So if you did the course over two years you would put (for example - September 2012 to June 2014. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Karolla,
You put down the dates you were in study for. So if you did the course over two years you would put (for example - September 2012 to June 2014. Thanks, Jason

Thank you, so just to clarify- I put only the time I was studied modules which counted towards my cert He? So in my case I would put that I started in Feb 2012 and awarded Cert He in July 2013? Thank you
Original post by Karolla85
Thank you, so just to clarify- I put only the time I was studied modules which counted towards my cert He? So in my case I would put that I started in Feb 2012 and awarded Cert He in July 2013? Thank you

Hi Karolla,

You would put down all your previous study you have done whether you got a qualification or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE

Hi Karolla,

You would put down all your previous study you have done whether you got a qualification or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you, I am sorry but just have another question, Do I put it separate? so in my case would i put that from Feb 2012 - July 2013 I was doing modules which count towards my cert HE and mark that achieve qualification and then add separate entry from July 2013 until Dec 2016 working towards degree but in that case did not received qualification. I only asking as if I put it in one entry I put that i was study CertHe or degree? as I was study towards degree but I only achieve Cert He? Will there be option to submit any evidence to show my student summary from Open Uni? Thank you and sorry to ask so many questions I am very confused about is all.
Hi there. You wouldn't separate them. You put down all the years you have studied and then the qualification you gained. You can upload evidence to your account once you have submitted the application. Here is a video on how to upload forms/evidence - https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending