The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Description - A student's view

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to collate a very brief description of Aston University, from a student's viewpoint. Just a couple of lines, describing Aston for any potential future students.

Could someone here help me?

An example for Oxford University is as follows:

You might feel like an extra in a Harry Potter movie, but you'll have to work very hard to keep your tutors happy as Oxford's academic standards are exacting. Less well known is that sport, drama, and music are also big here as extracurricular pursuits. Students are members of one of 40 colleges. Much of your social and academic life is likely to revolve around your college, and more or less everyone thinks their own college is the best. Oxford alumni accounts for an outrageous proportion of the UK's leaders in politics, journalism, law and business

(edited 10 years ago)
A description would also benefit me a lot--
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
From my experience as a student before becoming employed by the university:

Aston is a fantastic place, a little green oasis in the middle of a bustling city, it has a multitude of excellent facilities for bright young minds. From inspiring lectures, the treasure trove that is the library and a tonne of cool hidden spots. Aston also has a lively social scene for out of hours adventures, with Broad Street on your doors step for the masses and a healthy alternative nightclub scene for those who like their music a little heavier there's something for everyone and if you're not into going out there are also a wealth of clubs and societies for anything from Rugby to Harry Potter and LAN parties. Over a four year stay not only will your knowledge and employability grow, but you will also grow as a person.
Original post by Aston University
From my experience as a student before becoming employed by the university:

Aston is a fantastic place, a little green oasis in the middle of a bustling city, it has a multitude of excellent facilities for bright young minds. From inspiring lectures, the treasure trove that is the library and a tonne of cool hidden spots. Aston also has a lively social scene for out of hours adventures, with Broad Street on your doors step for the masses and a healthy alternative nightclub scene for those who like their music a little heavier there's something for everyone and if you're not into going out there are also a wealth of clubs and societies for anything from Rugby to Harry Potter and LAN parties. Over a four year stay not only will your knowledge and employability grow, but you will also grow as a person.

Last I checked, concrete isn't green. :giggle:

However, as a recent Aston grad., I second this description.
Original post by Freudian Slip
Last I checked, concrete isn't green. :giggle:

However, as a recent Aston grad., I second this description.

Someone didn't spend enough time not studying and relaxing by the lake in the summer months. :wink:
Original post by Aston University
Someone didn't spend enough time not studying and relaxing by the lake in the summer months. :wink:

Haha, I'm going to take that as a compliment! :grin:

No, no, there are some beautiful little hideaways in Aston, I fully agree with you. Spent a great deal of time chilling out and revising on the grass during my final year. With weather like we've had, lately, I'd have been mad not to!

Quick Reply

Latest