The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston Optometry Clearing

my firm offer for university is aston or optometry requiring AAB in math biology and chemistry. i feel like i didn't do well in my exams and lowest case scenario could be BCC, i was wondering if optometry offers clearing at aston and how lenient they are. ive heard from students who are currently studying there that they got in with similar grades, i was wondering whether that is still the case this year.
Original post by gakpo
my firm offer for university is aston or optometry requiring AAB in math biology and chemistry. i feel like i didn't do well in my exams and lowest case scenario could be BCC, i was wondering if optometry offers clearing at aston and how lenient they are. ive heard from students who are currently studying there that they got in with similar grades, i was wondering whether that is still the case this year.

no wayy that really good did u get in?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by bismah_ahmed02
no wayy that really good did u get in?

no smh i didn’t get a B in a single one of my subjects resitting for next yr now idk what happened. why’d u ask
(Original post by gakpo)no smh i didn’t get a B in a single one of my subjects resitting for next yr now idk what happened. why’d u ask
ohh same i just got one B, the grade boundaries did us dirty this time. i was asking cux im interested in optometry as well. i got into Leicester for diagnostic radiography but i really wanna go Birmingham so im thinking of taking a gap year and applying to either optometry at aston or diagnostic radiography at BCU.but before i apply to aston i wanna know how lenient they are with the grades , like i got into bcu and uni of Leicester with 104 points when i needed 120.
im stuck if i should just go Leicester maybe it turns out nice or if i should take a gap year and go Birmingham
Reply 4
Original post by bismah_ahmed02
(Original post by gakpo)no smh i didn’t get a B in a single one of my subjects resitting for next yr now idk what happened. why’d u ask
ohh same i just got one B, the grade boundaries did us dirty this time. i was asking cux im interested in optometry as well. i got into Leicester for diagnostic radiography but i really wanna go Birmingham so im thinking of taking a gap year and applying to either optometry at aston or diagnostic radiography at BCU.but before i apply to aston i wanna know how lenient they are with the grades , like i got into bcu and uni of Leicester with 104 points when i needed 120.
im stuck if i should just go Leicester maybe it turns out nice or if i should take a gap year and go Birmingham

aston did used to be very lenient according to my family members who have done courses at aston but honestly hard to predict in recent years because of covid and assessed grades being used for a couple years. btw if uni is important to u, i’d recommend just going to aston its so much better than leicester and bcu
Original post by gakpo
aston did used to be very lenient according to my family members who have done courses at aston but honestly hard to predict in recent years because of covid and assessed grades being used for a couple years. btw if uni is important to u, i’d recommend just going to aston its so much better than leicester and bcu

true. oh really? thanks for the advice but in wht term do u mean better uni? like in rankigs or like facilities and uni community and stuff?
Do you have to do an interview for optometry ? If so how was it? was it in person or online?
Reply 7
Original post by Interest.009
Do you have to do an interview for optometry ? If so how was it? was it in person or online?

Did you do your interview and how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Original post by Shfybj
Did you do your interview and how long did it take for them to get back to you?
They took about a week to give me an interview invite and then also a week to give an offer after the interview
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1
They took about a week to give me an interview invite and then also a week to give an offer after the interview
Is it aston? Ive had my interview last Wednesday and still haven’t heard from them
Original post by Fuggi
Is it aston? Ive had my interview last Wednesday and still haven’t heard from them
Yeah Aston, probably different timings for everyone - you’ll hopefully get one soon
I applied on 30th n got my interview invite form Aston on 9 feb. I have it on Saturday now praying it goes well in sha Allah but Yh I’ve heard they usually get back with a decision around a week after the interview
good luck! Hopefully u get in
How was the interview? I’m especially nervous for the ethical scenario bit
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest