The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Official Aston University freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the Aston University Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at Aston University

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!

Scroll to see replies

I’m gonna be studying Optometry 🤓😎
In my spare time I like to chill with the family, watch a bit of telly. Also like to play casual cricket. Anybody watched the hundred this year?

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone. Excited to learn the stuff in the course. Hoping to develop my confidence and just do the best I can really!
😁
(edited 8 months ago)
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Studentwithaname
I’m gonna be studying Optometry 🤓😎
In my spare time I like to chill with the family, watch a bit of telly. Also like to play casual cricket. Anybody watched the hundred this year?

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone. Excited to learn the stuff in the course. Hoping to develop my confidence and just do the best I can really!
😁

Hey I’m doing optom too hopefully I’ll see u there!
Reply 3
Anyone know the deadline for enrolment and uploading the photo for our id cards
Original post by agdtdydy
Anyone know the deadline for enrolment and uploading the photo for our id cards

I’m assuming u don’t wanna upload the photo too late cos that will get delivered in the post (if u live in uk) and you’ll need that
I uploaded mine this morning
Reply 6
I uploaded mine this morning

How did u do it? Im doing in my phone but it’s so hard to make it 250x250 😭
Original post by mhafiz05
How did u do it? Im doing in my phone but it’s so hard to make it 250x250 😭

I took the photo in my phone. Then sent it to myself via email. Then on laptop using the paint app I turned it into 250x250
Reply 8
I took the photo in my phone. Then sent it to myself via email. Then on laptop using the paint app I turned it into 250x250

Damn that’s looong but I’ll try it
Accounting Finance Anyone?
Reply 10

Did your photo go lower quality and slightly pixelated when you turned it to 250x250
Did your photo go lower quality and slightly pixelated when you turned it to 250x250

First it pixelated quite a lot
Then I tried it again and it was only slightly but yeah. It wasn’t tooo low quality. Maybe if you crop the photo a bit (if u can) before making it 250x250
Also when u view it are you viewing it with 100% zoom
Cos I found that when you zoom in a bit to have a look at the photo it does blur it a bit more
First it pixelated quite a lot
Then I tried it again and it was only slightly but yeah. It wasn’t tooo low quality. Maybe if you crop the photo a bit (if u can) before making it 250x250
Also when u view it are you viewing it with 100% zoom
Cos I found that when you zoom in a bit to have a look at the photo it does blur it a bit more

But also remember that if the photo isn’t good, they let you know whether it was accepted or not
If it isn’t they just make u do
It again
I hope that all made sense 🫠
Reply 14
I hope that all made sense 🫠

Ok thank you i submitted it now so its too late to change it but I was just making sure it didn't just happen to me thank you!
Ok thank you i submitted it now so its too late to change it but I was just making sure it didn't just happen to me thank you!

Cool no problem:smile:
the pixelation is just something that unfortunately happens when compressing a photo 🫠
enjoy the rest of ur holidays 😁
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 16
How long does it take for the photo to get approved?
Original post by T.Gill
How long does it take for the photo to get approved?

Literally same day
hi guys i’m going into my second year at aston and i will be the social sec for aston squash. at aston joining a sports society (even if you don’t play that sport) can make your experience much better and id like to encourage you guys to consider aston squash. next year we will be the cheapest society to join and have deals lined up with rosie’s, heidi’s and local pubs to host events which will include our weekly socials at heidi’s with free entry and heavily discounted drinks. aston squash is home to a brilliant group of people and joining our society will really make your experience at aston so much better. if you enjoy drinking and partying with great people or want to make friends that will last a lifetime then aston squash is the society for you!
Does anyone keep getting repetitive emails about the photo upload? I get one everyday at something last 9 in the evening everyday!!?

Quick Reply

Latest