The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

blast furnace
Reply 41
I think we are with another exam board. (Hence, your questions seem alien to me!)

We do the OCR Staged Assessment Double Award B specification - what about you?
Spec A - only has terminal exams
Farewell! i gots history 2moro
GD luk ppl
Reply 44
Papillon
Yeah, it does help. Although I must admit, even if I put something completely different, it doesn't create too much of a bother because there is always (...most of the time ...alright, sometimes) more than one way of answering it. I drew the chromosmes separated at opposite pole ends, and then wrote something (can't remember exactly what) describing what I had drawn. Made sense at the time.

That mouse question made me laugh. Really, since when was it possible for a female to breed with a female? So that automatically left number 3 or 4. Then you have a 50/50 chance of getting a mark! I put number four, because it has white fur and so must have been bb homozygous. This means that if the female is homozygous then all of the offspring will have black fur. (Bb) If on the other hand, she was heterozygous, then 50% would have white fur and 50% black. Sound alright?

I was surprised to see so much on genetics. What did you put for the reason why some cells don't product adreno. I said because they do not have the gene enabling them to do so.

yea lol i found that funny too. I also put number 4 because of the same reason because if the female homozygous dominant then they would all be black or yea the 50% black and 50% white. I just drew a punnet square to illustrate it but didn't write it as well as as the pictures showed if that makes sense??? And for the adrenalin i put because not all cells have the right gene too.
N i wrote sumthin about the replicas goin to different poles then maybe pairing up again? actually i dno cuz i dnt think tht right cuz it still has to divide - o i dunno. One effect of adrenalin is sweating isnt it?
Reply 45
Thanks! good luck 2 u 2! n gcsegirl i dnt ave a clue im afraid!
Reply 46
The diagram will get you marks (I did both!). I didn't like that meiosis question, I really don't know if it is right/wrong. But isn't the whole point of meiosis to product genetically different cells, so I don't understand why they would pair up again. Or is that just me being thick...?

Yes, adrenalin makes you sweat, makes your heart beat faster, makes you pale, makes your hairs stand on end (!) and off the top of my head, that is all I have.

I have history tomorrow so must leave now. It's been great talking to you. Usually at this stage I'd say see you later, but what are the chances of that? So best of luck with your exams, you seem to know what you are talking about - remember don't worry!

I guess we will come across a similar thread on Friday about Physics. :wink:
Reply 47
Thanks u 2! mayb il speak to you tomorrow, i'l have to makemy own thread. I'm not sure if i did put pair up in the end, but i thought there was 16 pairs in a gaemete and 32 in a normal cell but im prob completely wrong! lol talk to you soon nice talkin 2 ya :biggrin: speak soon xx

Latest