The Student Room Group

GCSE paper 1 and paper 2

Hi guys, I'm really confused what is paper 1 and paper 2. is paper 1 for double award and paper 2 is for triple?
Original post by ekiraiai
Hi guys, I'm really confused what is paper 1 and paper 2. is paper 1 for double award and paper 2 is for triple?

Subjects have multiple papers - for example, maths has 3 papers. It's just splitting up the content into multiple exams.

if you're talking about science (dual award for combined science + triple award for triple science), then no, because paper 1 covers half of the topics and paper 2 covers the second half of the topics - the triple science content is integrated into both papers.
Reply 3

For double science/double award, you do 6 papers. Two papers on Biology, 2 on Physics and 2 on Chemistry. The two grades are an average of the Paper 1s for all three sciences and the average of the Paper 2s for all three sciences respectively.

For triple/triple award you also do 6 papers. Paper 1s for all three sciences and Paper 2 for all three sciences. However, you get 3 separate grades: one for biology, chemistry and physics. Each grade is an average of how you performed in the Paper 1 and Paper 2 of each of the separate sciences. For example, the Biology grade is an average of your performance in Biology Paper 1 and Biology Paper 2.

Quick Reply

Latest