The Student Room Group

I want the PS4 but can't afford it

Scroll to see replies

Would be more trouble than it's actually worth. Firsly, getting it shipped to the UK would cost a lot considering the weight and size of the box. Secondly, you'll need to pay import duty at a rate of 20% which would cost an additional ~£60 and lastly, the warranty won't be covered by Sony in the UK.
Reply 21
I'm probably gonna wait till next year and then buy it, when the prices drop. In the meantime, I keep on playing my xbox 360. :tongue:
Reply 22
I got my PS3 on release date, Xbox on release date and the iPhone 5 on release date (I wish i never bought that piece of **** :frown: ) and was all my money. I hate being late.
Anyway, I might just stick with the PS3 until pretty much everyone has the PS4 then I will have way more money than I need :smile:
Now I must get GTA V mwahah it looks soooo good. who else is getting it?
Reply 23
No point buying it on launch dude, there's hardly any games on it and they're all £50 each. Just burn out your current gen console and buy it next year when there's a bigger catalogue.
Reply 24
Original post by 2ndClass
No point buying it on launch dude, there's hardly any games on it and they're all £50 each. Just burn out your current gen console and buy it next year when there's a bigger catalogue.

Yeah that's the new plan. gunna get a few more games for PS3 then move on when there is a decent sale or when u can play PS3 games on PS4 cause I have soooooo many Ps3 games :/ lol
Wait till your time comes like me. I have always yearned for a gaming console since ps2 days, but got nothing, no ps2,no ps3 and now no ps4. Its not always you get what you want. I never got a gaming console inspite of begging my parents since 6 years. I have just waited and I will wait for the time to come not now but perhaps in future and if not in future may be in my next birth where I will be the richest guy and live luxurious life, but at present I do not have any expectations from my parents or my life. People like us wait kid just WAIT and do not cry on your fate..
Original post by Yusuf khan
Wait till your time comes like me.

This was four years ago...
I wonder if OP ever got their console....
Reply 28
lol must of by now

I got my ps4 for £199 last year with fifa2018 on special offer

and i think i saw even better deals with black friday offers later in the year too....
Original post by ANM775
lol must of by now

I got my ps4 for £199 last year with fifa2018 on special offer

and i think i saw even better deals with black friday offers later in the year too....

Decent price, I was considering getting one myself the other day but then I thought the PS5 might be out soon so I may aswell wait
Original post by Lucky-Roll
Hi, so all my friends are getting a PS4 after it comes out... except for me.
My mum will probably pay a slight amount, but I want to pay the majority... because it's my console and i am independant and won't let my mother (who is a PhD student) pay the whole £350
anyway, I have a few questions
PS4 prices
America: $400~£250
UK (where i am) £350
my first question will be if I buy it from America and ship it all the way here, would it be worth it? for example Amazon USA or something like that.
Obviously my biggest question is HOW the hell do i get the cash? I have like £20 now which is pretty much nothing. how do i get the cash on my own? take into consideration that I'm 15 and can't get a job or anything like that.

Amazon is NOT cheap [at least as seen from here in the US]. The US ebay is usually cheaper. An additional problem is - how about a warranty. Often 'grey market' goods warranty will not be honoured in a foreign country. Also, if you wait a few months, prices always come down. I wait a little longer (a few years), and i often find things i want on the kerb - waiting for the trash truck. I recently got two Sony flat screen CRT tellies. One is a 24 inch , and the other a 20 inch. They both work perfectly, and cost nothing!! Patience pays off! Best of luck!
Reply 31
PS5 is estimated to be launching 2019 or 2020 if you don't mind waiting

or you could buy a ps4 later this year in the black friday sales, and tbh you should get a better price [or more value for money with your bundle] than I got

and the good thing about ps4 is that a lot of it's best titles from the past are selling cheap now and can be got for under £20
Reply 32
Original post by Rabbit2
Amazon is NOT cheap [at least as seen from here in the US]. The US ebay is usually cheaper. An additional problem is - how about a warranty. Often 'grey market' goods warranty will not be honoured in a foreign country. Also, if you wait a few months, prices always come down. I wait a little longer (a few years), and i often find things i want on the kerb - waiting for the trash truck. I recently got two Sony flat screen CRT tellies. One is a 24 inch , and the other a 20 inch. They both work perfectly, and cost nothing!! Patience pays off! Best of luck!

I've been using amazon since 2004

back in the day it WAS cheap....., but since it got more and more mainstream over the years they have inflated their prices somewhat ...and often you can find better deals for the same product just from googling around, whereas back in the day 9 times out of 10 amazon was the cheapest
Guessing he's got one by now but it's only like £200-250 for the regular now
Original post by tashkent46
Guessing he's got one by now but it's only like £200-250 for the regular now

The kerb is always cheaper! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest