The Student Room Group

Would I get full or partial finance if I went part time?

Hi,

I am currently a full time PhD student. I got a loan from SFE - 27k over the course of my studies - and SFE gave me 9k at the start of this year.

My uni lost my tuition payment and are refusing to help me find the money they lost, and they want me to pay it again, which I can't afford. I am debating dropping to part time as my fees will be halved, which I can afford.

If I drop to part time in second year, will I get the same 9k I got last year for full time, or will it be halved? If I then went back up to full time the following year, would I get 9k again?
Original post by PHDvsPGCE
Hi,

I am currently a full time PhD student. I got a loan from SFE - 27k over the course of my studies - and SFE gave me 9k at the start of this year.

My uni lost my tuition payment and are refusing to help me find the money they lost, and they want me to pay it again, which I can't afford. I am debating dropping to part time as my fees will be halved, which I can afford.

If I drop to part time in second year, will I get the same 9k I got last year for full time, or will it be halved? If I then went back up to full time the following year, would I get 9k again?

Hi there,

If you contact us on 0300 100 0031 we can look into this and further advise you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending