The Student Room Group

University of Dundee or QMUL?

I received an offer from university of Dundee for international relations and international business. And I also received an offer from queen mary for International relations with business management.
The problem is I'm having a hard time to choose and I would like to know what you guys think would be a better option considering the pros and cons.
Queen mary university of london:
Pros:
It's a russel group and it has a high ranking
Its in London and as someone who always lived in big cities (International student) I really want to go to a big city like london.

Cons:
Its only a bachelor's degree
I can't afford it, it's way over my budget.

University of dundee:
Pros:
It's a masters degree and it's exactly the degree I want
It offered me a scholarship and I can (barely) afford going there

Cons:
It's in Dundee, I don't really see myself living there and also compared to London
It's not a russel group

I'm sorry if this thread is too long but I really need help as I've been so indecisive. What would you do in my situation?
Reply 1
Are these the only offers you have received - with three rejections?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Are these the only offers you have received - with three rejections?

No I haven't received any rejections or my other 3 offers yet but even if I do receive offers from my 3 other unis I'm not truly planning to go to them. That's why I'm mainly focused on Uni of Dundee and QMUL.
Reply 3
Why did you apply to them then.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Why did you apply to them then.

Wdym?? because UCAS makes you apply to 5 unis and I also wasn't sure if I would get my first choice so I had to have a backup incase I didn't get an offer.
Reply 5
Original post by Hibabenj
I received an offer from university of Dundee for international relations and international business. And I also received an offer from queen mary for International relations with business management.
The problem is I'm having a hard time to choose and I would like to know what you guys think would be a better option considering the pros and cons.
Pros:
Its in London and as someone who always lived in big cities (International student) I really want to go to a big city like london.

Cons:

University of dundee:
Pros:

Cons:
It's in Dundee, I don't really see myself living there and also compared to London
It's not a russel group

I'm sorry if this thread is too long but I really need help as I've been so indecisive. What would you do in my situation?

helppppppp
Original post by Hibabenj
Pros:

Cons:

University of dundee:
Pros:

Cons:
It's not a russel group

If you can't afford Queen Mary, then isn't the decision already made for you?

If the not being able to afford it was an exaggeration, then I think doing a degree in place that'd make you happy is really important. You can always do a masters after you finish the bachelor's degree and you probably won't be needing a masters right away after university anyway unless you've got something really specific planned out already. However, don't be fooled by the fact Queen Mary is Russell Group and Dundee isn't - RG is mostly a clever marketing ploy by a bunch of universities so don't think any less of Dundee for not being RG!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending