The Student Room Group

Please answer my question:/

I applied for engineering to the Uni of Cambridge, and I got called for an overseas interview. Unfortunately though, I was unable to attend the interview due to political turmoil in my home country. So the college contacted me and my school and I sat for a written exam in my school, which was supervised by our school's examinations officer, and I have been asked to attend a skype interview. Will the fact that I've been unable to attend a face to face interview destroy my chances of getting into Cambridge? Please give your opinions...
Reply 1
Original post by Voltozonic
Obviously not, otherwise why would they bother going through all of the trouble to organise a Skype interview and do an exam at your home school.

I'm just worried because I've read posts on the internet which say that very few people get admission following a Skype interview:frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Voltozonic
Very few people get admission through normal interviews as well.

What's the point in worrying? If you cant do a face to face interview, then you may as well just put your all into a Skype interview and see how it goes.

They must see a lot of potential if they're going through the extra effort to do a Skype interview so I'd say you're already in a good position.

My skype interview is tomorrow actually, so fingers crossed! And thanks, you're really encouraging:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest