The Student Room Group

Aerospace Engineering applicant for 2024

Hey, If anyone has got into Imperial, Bristol, Bath or Southampton Aero courses this year, could you give me a rough description of your application - i.3 predicted grades and offers etc..
Thanks
Original post by thatoneadi
Hey, If anyone has got into Imperial, Bristol, Bath or Southampton Aero courses this year, could you give me a rough description of your application - i.3 predicted grades and offers etc..
Thanks

Hi I applied to Bristol and Southampton for Aerospace for a 2023 start. I took Maths, Physics, Chemistry and a level 3 EPQ, predicted A* in each. I got offers for both unis. My advice would just be to get those top predicted grades and have a good personal statement. I think Bath is be a similar story, but i’m aware that you need entrance exams (and possibly an interview) for Imperial. Further Maths would definitely help there. Good luck with your application!
Reply 2
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I only have 3A* and an A in Maths, FM, physics and the A in chem so I don't now what my chances look like. Could I have a read of your personal statement ?
Original post by thatoneadi
Thanks

I have got into southampton and I had A*AAA predicted grades. I have been given offers for A*AA or AAAA for southampton. both applications aerospace and bristol have told me theyre waiting to look at all applications failry before deciding. they also told me I meet the requirements.
i got into soton this year for mech eng, basically my application was just A*A*A for maths physics and economics and i was offered a conditional for A*AA and then my peronsal statement was about why i like my courses about why i enjoy engineering and examples like F1 then tlaked about my work experience in aviation then about my job i had throughout A-levels all linking these to what made me a good candiate fro example how achieveing my grades while playing competiitve sport and woroking demostrared strong time management somethign essential to suceeding in engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest