The Student Room Group

Racist cashier at Lidl

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean you can't believe racism still exists? Of course it does and I don't see it going anywhere in this country let alone in the world in decades....

And Muslim isn't a race.......but apparently it is..... :ninja:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
What do you mean you can't believe racism still exists? Of course it does and I don't see it going anywhere in this country let alone in the world in decades....

And Muslim isn't a race.......but apparently it is..... :ninja:

Sad but true.
Reply 22
Original post by KingStannis
Lulwut?

SO white people, black people, Asians, etc don't exist?

It's all explained in the original post. Try reading it and deploying your brain for more than 5 seconds - it might just start to fit into place.
Original post by L i b
It's all explained in the original post. Try reading it and deploying your brain for more than 5 seconds - it might just start to fit into place.

"People look a bit different depending on their origins"

Here you concede the point that races exist. That is what a race is.
Lulwut?

SO white people, black people, Asians, etc don't exist?

Definitions of race:

A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution:the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.
5. Biology

You cannot be a human unless part of one of the above definitions.

So, your argument is literally that the humans don't exist.

Biologically, races exist, but socially, they shouldn't :smile: Also, if any thing, most Asian people are in fact Caucasian
Reply 25
Wait... So she's muslim but attacking another muslim for being muslim?

Original post by Dilsz
Still can't believe racism exists.

Any unmoderated platform where people are granted anonymity would show you just how rife racism is.
Original post by de_monies
Biologically, races exist, but socially, they shouldn't :smile: Also, if any thing, most Asian people are in fact Caucasian

But that just makes no sense.

How could you say that, say, black people were being discriminated if you don't recognise them as a separate entity to be discriminated against? It would be semantically impossible to say that any racial group was being marginalized.

As soon as you remove the linguistic boarders between sets X,Y,Z, and put them into set H with no further distinctions, then nobody can become discriminated against because of their group; say you are a member of H, being discriminated against racially requires a member outside of the racially discriminated group. So, it follows that if everybody was H, then if some people were being discriminated against due to their racial group, then they would be be discriminated against because of their group, and not be discriminated against because for their group at the same time, because H is both being discriminated against and not being discriminated against simultaneously

Therefore, it is necessary to recognise peoples racial groups in language, otherwise they concept of racial discrimination become absurd.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Islam is not a race so its okay to discriminate them? Okay...:rolleyes:
Original post by de_monies

Almost right. Race does not exist biologically, it exists socially, but it shouldn't!

Original post by Aku-gila
Wait... So she's muslim but attacking another muslim for being muslim?

Common sense would dictate that she's not Muslim!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Freier._.lance
Common sense would dictate that she's not Muslim!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2570126&p=46032322#post46032322
Maybe she just had enough of Lidl and deliberately tried to get herself fired. Conspiracies, conspiracies.
Reply 31
"People look a bit different depending on their origins"

Here you concede the point that races exist. That is what a race is.

You do not understand the concept of race then.

Racial groupings are an attempt to provide scientific criteria for classifying individual human differences into genetic subspecies. I can happily observe that someone has black-coloured skin, that doesn't mean I'll group him in with other people vaguely visibly similar into some sort of Negroid racial group. That is absurd.
Original post by L i b
You do not understand the concept of race then.

Racial groupings are an attempt to provide scientific criteria for classifying individual human differences into genetic subspecies. I can happily observe that someone has black-coloured skin, that doesn't mean I'll group him in with other people vaguely visibly similar into some sort of Negroid racial group. That is absurd.

All black people (unless they're albinos) have black skin, white people have white skin etc.

How is this not "scientific criteria for classifying individual human differences into genetic subspecies".

I don't understand how you can reject biological differences between, if not races, cultural and biological sub groups of people.
Reply 33
I don't understand how you can reject biological differences between, if not races, cultural and biological sub groups of people.

Biological differences between cultural subgroups of people? I've genuinely never heard a more laughable load of nonsense.

As for biological differences between biological subgroups of people, I'd be happy to accept them - if these biological subgroups existed. They don't. You've simply created a tautology.
Original post by L i b
Biological differences between cultural subgroups of people? I've genuinely never heard a more laughable load of nonsense.

As for biological differences between biological subgroups of people, I'd be happy to accept them - if these biological subgroups existed. They don't. You've simply created a tautology.

Okay, "cultural" was a mistake, but aside from that; what on earth are you talking about?

Okay, so white and black skin, different facial structure etc between different peoples don't exist?

So, you're claiming that biological differences don't exist between different groups of people (black people, white people) who are members of the homosapien species, ie a subgroup?

Okay, so I guess if all my ancestors were white from 4 thousand years in the past, with no deviation, then I could just be black. Because biological difference in make up don't exist. Evolution is wrong. Just because.
Reply 35
Original post by the bear
they just need a Lidl understanding...

:getmecoat:
loooll i love poeple like you :P
Reply 36
What did you expect? Lidl is a **** store for cheap ****s, crappy customer service should be pretty much expected.
Reply 37
Had be in Birmingham SMH!
Reply 38
Lidl turned down my application years ago, they would rather employ this bitch and keep her on for 10years.

**** Lidl.
Original post by hannah60000
Are you trying to stirrup trouble?

Your comment suggests you are horse with outrage.

But it's not all his foalt.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending