The Student Room Group

MUN Hypothetical 2014/01 - Mutation Outbreak!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by McRite
OOC: I think your a bit late, in terms of response:colondollar:

OOC - I actually live in this country, and my internet is bad enough that I got deregistered from the MUN and only just got re-registered today after a couple of months, hence only contributing now. Better late than never :wink: first time Madagascar's had anything even vaguely useful to contribute to a hype and my internet fails me...
Reply 161
Original post by junior.doctor
OOC - I actually live in this country, and my internet is bad enough that I got deregistered from the MUN and only just got re-registered today after a couple of months, hence only contributing now. Better late than never :wink: first time Madagascar's had anything even vaguely useful to contribute to a hype and my internet fails me...

OOC: I feel your pain, I'm live in Botswana right now, and the internet speed here is painful. Also with relevance, my country hardly does anything wrong so it's hard to stay relevant in the MUN.

INC (is that the initials?) : Botswana are disappointed to find that South Africa have not requested the permission of Madagascar and have cost loss of life in their invasion of the island nation. However as I've said before we'll have to deal with the crimes of some nations when the Nosoi have been defeated. All we can send to the Madagascan Government is our condolences .
Original post by junior.doctor
OOC - don't you need permission to declare that you have taken over Madagascar? Doesn't this count as invading a nation??

As an island nation, Madagascar has closed all its borders. We refute that we have been 'taken over' by South Africa. All flights have been grounded. Our forces are patrolling all coasts, particularly on the west coast, and anyone or any vessel caught trying to reach Madagascar will be destroyed. In response to South Africa's attempt to declare that they have taken over Madagascar, all South African citizens will be required to leave Madagascar as soon as this outbreak is brought under control and the border reopened, at which point all SA visas will be revoked.

OOC: I asked permission before I did this, you missed a lot!
Original post by Republic1
OOC: I'm no longer representing Serbia, so it seems the fate of the Serbs is up to the DSG in the newsflashes :wink:

Iran is pleased to report that our western and northern borders with Iraq and Azerbaijan remain secure due to the great work of the Iranian armed forces. However, there are reports of outbreaks of Nosoi in remote villages to the east, close to the Pakistan border. It is believed that the disease may have spread via the water supply in rivers from Pakistan. We will report back with more news when we know.

Greece urges Iran to close its borders even if it has good faith that things are ok. Greece believes caution should still be used wisely during this rather difficult time.

Original post by Republic1
OOC: I'm no longer representing Serbia, so it seems the fate of the Serbs is up to the DSG in the newsflashes :wink:.

The UK remains hopeful that our position as an island will keep Nosoi at bay. The Royal Navy and Royal Air Force continue to patrol the edges of UK territorial water and airspace to ensure the safety of our citizens. Yesterday evening, around 1900z, an unidentified container ship was seen tracking towards the UK in the North Sea. The Navy and Air Force are on standby to intercept.

Greece is pleased that the UK is taking adequate measures to defend herself and her citizens. Greece will consider taking similar action as a precaution off of our own shores.

Original post by Moist Penguin
To prevent the spread from Europe all people within a 50km distance from the borders of Russia between Estonia, Belarus, Latvia and Ukraine have been evacuated. Any person found within that zone will be terminated. If necessary to clear large areas of persons we will consider using chemical weapons to clear the areas.

Greece is horrified that Russia has even suggested such a thing. Greece thinks that this will not help the mass alarm that is already present right now.

Original post by Samual
Estonia regrets Russia's attitude and wishes to make clear that there will be serious consequences if Russia violates Estonian sovereignty or uses chemical weapons on any Estonian citizens.

Greece agrees and seconds this point of view
The European Commission will work with tirelessly with the member states affected to resolve this crisis
The DPRK are trailing a groundbreaking procedure to purify our nation against the outbreak, should it enter our borders. Despite already establishing that the Korean people are immune to the mutation through grace of our genetic superiority, every citizen must submit to an extensive medical examination. Any individual found to be lacking shall be invited to a reeducation camp, removed from the rest of the population. This is for the benefit of such deficient individuals and the nation as a whole. All hail Kim Jong-un's mighty wisdom!
Original post by Blue Meltwater
The DPRK are trailing a groundbreaking procedure to purify our nation against the outbreak, should it enter our borders. Despite already establishing that the Korean people are immune to the mutation through grace of our genetic superiority, every citizen must submit to an extensive medical examination. Any individual found to be lacking shall be invited to a reeducation camp, removed from the rest of the population. This is for the benefit of such deficient individuals and the nation as a whole. All hail Kim Jong-un's mighty wisdom!

OOC: I love every single one of your posts. Bravo.
Original post by St. Brynjar
OOC: I love every single one of your posts. Bravo.
OOC: Hah, thank you! Although the more I read about atrocities committed in North Korea, I do begin to feel a bit guilty about laughing at them so much. I suppose satire is a way of venting the rage.
Reply 168
From the lack of newsflashes about outbreaks, I think we managed to contain the spread of the Nosoi. From this I guess we move forward and try and push back the Nosoi as soon as we find a viable solution to deal with them and assist affected countries.
Original post by McRite
From the lack of newsflashes about outbreaks, I think we managed to contain the spread of the Nosoi. From this I guess we move forward and try and push back the Nosoi as soon as we find a viable solution to deal with them and assist affected countries.

The lack of news flashes are my fault and due to my absence, someone else may choose to continue the news flashes in my place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cheese_Monster
The lack of news flashes are my fault and due to my absence, someone else may choose to continue the news flashes in my place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be happy to continue with them.

Sorry about my absence, school became top priority for a few weeks.
Reply 171
9989i8
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 172
Original post by Cheese_Monster

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
I'll be happy to continue with them.

Sorry about my absence, school became top priority for a few weeks.

Might be worth considering starting up another hype? Different topic and situation. Have a think and PM your ideas to me and/or Superunknown. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending