The Student Room Group

Chemistry?

I have a problem. Recently my chemistry grades have gone from Cs to As. I was thinking of doing foundation chemistry and then I discovered my-gcsescience which helped me a lot.

My chemistry teacher has now offered me the opportunity to take an AS in it next year if I get a B in my GCSE which I expect to get (and I would treat that AS as a 4th AS).

Considering I want to go to university and study law, should I take this opportunity to do the AS in chemistry or not?
Reply 1
Firstly, well done in going from Cs to As! That's awesome :biggrin: I definitely agree, I wouldn't be able to make it through triple science without my-gcsescience...

I suppose it all depends on what you want to do and how you feel about it. Do you enjoy chemistry and feel that you would do well in it for A level? Do any of your other A level options go with Chemistry? If you are sure you want to study law in university then it's really not necessary to take chemistry.

I'm taking it for A level because i'm aiming to study medicine at university so I kind of have to! In your case, if you were considering whether to choose between english, history or chemistry i'd definitely advise avoiding chemistry as the other two would help you more, but if you love chemistry then who am I to tell you not to take it? :smile:
Chemistry is a good a level to have. It's enjoyable but only if you have an interest. I recommend you don't take it if it's your 4th subject choice. Take it if you have an interest in it and want to know more of how the world works and what it's made up of. That's what the sciences are. don't base your decision entirely on your GCSE grades. Base it on your opinion.
Reply 3
I would definately have chemistry as an AS, its a really valuable qualification, even if you don't need it. You got the brains, go for it!

P.s, well done on going from C's to an A! That's excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest