The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Anyone else for Adult Nursing January 2015 at Wolverhampton University.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I have a place starting January 2015 at the city campus and placement at New Cross, anyone else at city campus for adult nursing starting January? Also has anyone been invited to the preparation day at the city campus on 18th December?
Be great to get to know some of you! :smile:
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hi

I have an interview on 11th feb for sept intake at wolvo 2015.

Can anyone offer any advice for the interview. Did you have a maths and english tewst as it doesnt say i do on the email but iv heard that people have had to do test in the past?

Thanks
Hello

A few people on my access course have been offered places on the adult nursing course at the University of Wolverhampton.

There are no maths or literacy test; this only applies to midwifery applicants.

September 2015 intake is full. You will be offered January 2016, or September 2016 entry.

The interview questions are general. Why nursing, your experience, scenario questions (what would you do if a patient was agitated etc), knowledge of the 6c's, what do you know about the university/course. You are scored based on what you say, so, relate your answers to your own working/personal experience.

Good luck :biggrin:

Original post by katiep789
Hi

I have an interview on 11th feb for sept intake at wolvo 2015.

Can anyone offer any advice for the interview. Did you have a maths and english tewst as it doesnt say i do on the email but iv heard that people have had to do test in the past?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Trapped
Hello

A few people on my access course have been offered places on the adult nursing course at the University of Wolverhampton.

September 2015 intake is full. You will be offered January 2016, or September 2016 entry.

The interview questions are general. Why nursing, your experience, scenario questions (what would you do if a patient was agitated etc), knowledge of the 6c's, what do you know about the university/course. You are scored based on what you say, so, relate your answers to your own working/personal experience.

So there's no test for midwifery but what about nursing as Iv heard conflicting stories. I hear that the places get full up quickly but obviously some people accept offers but don't go or get the grades they need. So have some people already been interviewed for wolvo? Thank you for the interview advice.
I can assure you that there are not tests for prospective nursing students at the University of Wolverhampton. I, myself, was interviewed for Mental Health Nursing at the university in January, there were no pre-interview tests. Furthermore, my classmates who were interviewed for Adult Nursing, had no tests, just the interview. The university have been interviewing applicants since October of last year, so, over a 1000 applicants must have been interviewed as of February 2015 for nursing.

Original post by katiep789
So there's no test for midwifery but what about nursing as Iv heard conflicting stories. I hear that the places get full up quickly but obviously some people accept offers but don't go or get the grades they need. So have some people already been interviewed for wolvo? Thank you for the interview advice.
Original post by Trapped
I can assure you that there are not tests for prospective nursing students at the University of Wolverhampton. I, myself, was interviewed for Mental Health Nursing at the university in January, there were no pre-interview tests. Furthermore, my classmates who were interviewed for Adult Nursing, had no tests, just the interview. The university have been interviewing applicants since October of last year, so, over a 1000 applicants must have been interviewed as of February 2015 for nursing.

Thank you that reassures me. I know someone who had an interview last year and had a test but my email mentions nothing about a test, thank you.
Original post by Trapped
Hello

A few people on my access course have been offered places on the adult nursing course at tihe University of Wolverhampton.

I wonder if there will be any places in clearing ????
Most definitely, Wolverhampton have places in clearing every year for Nursing. What is your current situation?

Original post by bazabird
I wonder if there will be any places in clearing ????
I was unsuccessful for the midwifery entry tests and feel I don't want to be one of the people that sometimes wait 4 or 5 years to get a place. I've been studying a couple of years now have lots of hospital experience on a weekly basis and generally feel it's my time now. I have a family an want to start working towards my career now. Plus for certain uni's my grades are mainly matching up to nursing requirements.
Original post by Trapped
Most definitely, Wolverhampton have places in clearing every year for Nursing. What is your current situation?

Although I do have the grades for wolves midwifery I just didn't pass the tests
You can always apply through clearing, though, if successful, you will still have to take those tests again :frown:. I am aware of how competitive (even in clearing) the midwifery course can be from perusing the student midwife forums.

Is it midwifery you want to apply for through clearing?

I have a place for MH nursing at Wolverhampton, but BCU is my first choice. I have an interview on February 24th :/

Although I do have the grades for wolves midwifery I just didn't pass the tests
(edited 9 years ago)
From what I was told after being unsuccessful you can't apply through clearing or extra for the same course at same uni so it would be nursing hopefully in extra which opens in couple of weeks
The maths test isn't as long or hard for nursing as it is for midwifery
Ah, now i understand. You will most likely secure a place for adult nursing through extra or clearing.
Good luck, hope all goes well for you :biggrin:

From what I was told after being unsuccessful you can't apply through clearing or extra for the same course at same uni so it would be nursing hopefully in extra which opens in couple of weeks
Well done on your place toox
Anyone going to study MSci Forensic Science here, October 2015?😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a place Jan 16 for Child Nursing, anyone else? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iv got a place for adult nursing jan 16 too x
I've got a place for sept 16 for mental health nursing. Anyone else? ☺️ X
I have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending