The Student Room Group

Has anyone got an offer yet for university of wolverhampton April 2023 start

Mental Health Nursing University of Wolverhampton - Telford Campus ( April 2023 start date )

Has anyone got their offer after a successful interview. I passed my interview on 02 February and I am wondering if anyone has a similar interview timeline and has an offer yet?
Hi, did you receive your offer since posting this? I've had successful interview for children's nursing last Friday and the congratulations email said up to 14 days for the application to update on E:Vision and UCAS. Still waiting.
Original post by kayskirado
Mental Health Nursing University of Wolverhampton - Telford Campus ( April 2023 start date )

Has anyone got their offer after a successful interview. I passed my interview on 02 February and I am wondering if anyone has a similar interview timeline and has an offer yet?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Hi, yes I have since received an offer. I went for the applicant day on 11/02 and was able to speak to an admission rep who sorted it out. Apparently there was a mix up somewhere but yea I got in but they said spaces were filled up at Telford ( April intake ) and they offered me a place at city campus ( April intake still ). Good news because I live in brum anyway..

As for yours, I suggest you keep an eye on your email. Since you got the congratulations email, you are in!. May I ask which intake and which campus?

Original post by Kriszta_
Hi, did you receive your offer since posting this? I've had successful interview for children's nursing last Friday and the congratulations email said up to 14 days for the application to update on E:Vision and UCAS. Still waiting.
I really hope that you are right, the email didn't say that "I am in or guaranteed a space" it just said " Thank you for your recent attendance at the Interview for your application to study BNurs (Hons) Children's Nursing at Walsall Campus. We are delighted to inform that you have successfully passed the interview/portfolio review stage. Your application will be updated within 14 working days of your interview."

I guess it could still go either way, really hope that I will receive the offer soon. I have applied for Children's nursing Walsall campus, I am from Birmingham too.
Hi, yes I have since received an offer. I went for the applicant day on 11/02 and was able to speak to an admission rep who sorted it out. Apparently there was a mix up somewhere but yea I got in but they said spaces were filled up at Telford ( April intake ) and they offered me a place at city campus ( April intake still ). Good news because I live in brum anyway..

As for yours, I suggest you keep an eye on your email. Since you got the congratulations email, you are in!. May I ask which intake and which campus?
Reply 4
Original post by Kriszta_
I really hope that you are right, the email didn't say that "I am in or guaranteed a space" it just said " Thank you for your recent attendance at the Interview for your application to study BNurs (Hons) Children's Nursing at Walsall Campus. We are delighted to inform that you have successfully passed the interview/portfolio review stage. Your application will be updated within 14 working days of your interview."

I guess it could still go either way, really hope that I will receive the offer soon. I have applied for Children's nursing Walsall campus, I am from Birmingham too.

Stay positive and optimistic. I am hopeful you will get the offer soon and I wish you the best.
Reply 5

Hi I am meant to start April 2024? Can I please ask how many days a week do you attend lectures and also seeing as the semester begins in April do you carry on in the summer also or do you get a break? I am looking forward to starting but just a bit nervous about placement etc.
Reply 6
Hello Dee

Theory starts around mid April (17th for us last year), one exam in July and one assignment submission in August first week. First placement starts September first week and it ends January 1st week. That marks end of first year. I hope this helps.
Reply 7
Hello Dee

Theory starts around mid April (17th for us last year), one exam in July and one assignment submission in August first week. First placement starts September first week and it ends January 1st week. That marks end of first year. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your response. It has certainly helped. Can I ask one last question please? In your first year how many days a week did you have to attend lectures?
Reply 8
Hello
lectures was about 2-3 days a week but induction was every Friday for 6 weeks I think. Then after that, it’s back to 2 days a week lectures and 1 day self directed learning. Ideally it gets very easy after the weeks of induction. The course is very interesting as long as you remain focused. Don’t be too hard on yourself, make friends, and enjoy the ride. I wish you luck, I’m always available to help.
Reply 9
Hello
lectures was about 2-3 days a week but induction was every Friday for 6 weeks I think. Then after that, it’s back to 2 days a week lectures and 1 day self directed learning. Ideally it gets very easy after the weeks of induction. The course is very interesting as long as you remain focused. Don’t be too hard on yourself, make friends, and enjoy the ride. I wish you luck, I’m always available to help.

Hi thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it thank you. 😊
Reply 10

Hi, I have my interview soon, can you shed any light on what to expect at all please? My email mentions activities, hat sort of activities are these?.x
Reply 11
Hi I had my interview last year, at Wolverhampton City Campus. I don't recall doing any activities. I was asked scenario based questions, basically to hear how I would react or what actions I would take in certain situations.
Reply 12
Original post by SEM007
Hi, I have my interview soon, can you shed any light on what to expect at all please? My email mentions activities, hat sort of activities are these?.x

Hi, firstly well done on getting an interview! I had my interview for Adult Nursing last week (April 2024 intake) there were several candidates who had applied for Mental Health Nursing there aswel. To start we were all taken into a room and as a group, the course leader gave us a general insight of the course and you can ask questions if you have any. We then were taken into another room which we did some activities and mingled with other candidates and could speak to the course leader if we again had any questions. We were called individually for our 121 interviews which were scenario based, provided with 3 scenarios and just asked what we would do etc it is a values interview so it is quite laid back however I would prep by ensuring you're well aware of the 6 c's. I recieved an email the same day saying my interview had been successful and then Ucas and evision updated to provide an offer 2 days later. Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by Mmxm
Hi, firstly well done on getting an interview! I had my interview for Adult Nursing last week (April 2024 intake) there were several candidates who had applied for Mental Health Nursing there aswel. To start we were all taken into a room and as a group, the course leader gave us a general insight of the course and you can ask questions if you have any. We then were taken into another room which we did some activities and mingled with other candidates and could speak to the course leader if we again had any questions. We were called individually for our 121 interviews which were scenario based, provided with 3 scenarios and just asked what we would do etc it is a values interview so it is quite laid back however I would prep by ensuring you're well aware of the 6 c's. I recieved an email the same day saying my interview had been successful and then Ucas and evision updated to provide an offer 2 days later. Good luck!

Hi, congratulations, well done on getting a place. This is really helpful thank you so much for your reply. Are the activities like role play? I will update again after my interview, hopefully we will be starting together in April :-)
Reply 14
Original post by SEM007
Hi, congratulations, well done on getting a place. This is really helpful thank you so much for your reply. Are the activities like role play? I will update again after my interview, hopefully we will be starting together in April :-)

Thank you! 😊
So with the activites, they set out some helpful info on tables and you can just walk around looking at it like the nursing uniform, info on student finance, info about placements etc, there are some questions on some tables for you aswel to discuss with peers and to take notes. No role plays were involved at all, its quite informal and more to do with finding out information about the course and an opportunity to speak with the course leader individually instead of as a group. Honestly it's alot more relaxed than I thought it would've been! The room we did the activities in definitely made me feel more comfortable before my 121 interview
Reply 15
Original post by Mmxm
Thank you! 😊
So with the activites, they set out some helpful info on tables and you can just walk around looking at it like the nursing uniform, info on student finance, info about placements etc, there are some questions on some tables for you aswel to discuss with peers and to take notes. No role plays were involved at all, its quite informal and more to do with finding out information about the course and an opportunity to speak with the course leader individually instead of as a group. Honestly it's alot more relaxed than I thought it would've been! The room we did the activities in definitely made me feel more comfortable before my 121 interview

Thats great to know, thank you again. I am just going over the code of conduct and 6C’s trying to imprint that into my brain haha. I do feel so much better having an idea of how the morning will be set up. You really have been a great help :-)
Reply 16
Hello Dee

Hi, Can I ask if the end of first year is the end of January, when does the second year start? Is this the same structure each year? April-Sept theory and Sept- January placement? Is placement time a lot more demanding. I have a busy job and its busiest November and December, so I think I may be better deferring until September intake (I have been offered April) so Im not in placement November/December.x
Reply 17
Original post by Mmxm

I got a place for April 2024, I am just looking into the structure and deciding weather to defer or not. My job is pretty busy Nov/Dec and I think April intake will be at its busiest during that time with placements. Just doing my research.x
Reply 18
Original post by SEM007
Hi, Can I ask if the end of first year is the end of January, when does the second year start? Is this the same structure each year? April-Sept theory and Sept- January placement? Is placement time a lot more demanding. I have a busy job and its busiest November and December, so I think I may be better deferring until September intake (I have been offered April) so Im not in placement November/December.x

Hi, from what I was told the year is made up of 40 weeks split into 2 semesters. So if the course starts 8th April, I believe the 40th week is 13th Jan 2025 which should mark the end of year 1. Year 2 would begin in April 2025.

September intakes I would assume theory for the 1st semester Sept-Jan and then around Feb-June 2nd semester (placement based). Then year 2 would begin in September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending