The Student Room Group

Nursing interview

Hi,
I have my interview for a nursing degree on Thursday. I was just wondering if anybody has any tips at all please?
It says that there will be some activities and that the interview process is from 9:30-12:15. Does anybody know the structure of this and what to expect from the activities at all?
EDIT its at University of Wolverhampton and I’ve also been invited for an interview at Stafford university
Thanks so much
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by SEM007
Hi,
I have my interview for a nursing degree on Thursday. I was just wondering if anybody has any tips at all please?
It says that there will be some activities and that the interview process is from 9:30-12:15. Does anybody know the structure of this and what to expect from the activities at all?

Thanks so much

You don't say for which uni :smile:. I've moved your thread to the Nursing & Midwifery forum and there are lots of threads here talking about the interview process that you can have a look through. Please note that specific questions can't be shared on TSR as it gives those who follow and unfair advantage.
Original post by SEM007
Hi,

Thanks so much

Hi

It would have been helpful to know what university you are doing your interview at.

Congratulations on getting a interview for nursing at university.
Activities sounds like you'll be doing MMI's stations - you'll do about 6 individuals mini intervals at various tables ( stations) and you'll have to describe/ talk about something that you are given at each one, they usually last about 5-10 minutes each.
You'll have your own individual interview then do the MMI's and probably a group session with all those attending when everyone get a chance to answer questions.

Example questions you should researched on -
NMC code of practice
NHS core values
6 C's of nursery
Why do you want to be a nurse
Why this particular university

Basically no matter what university you go to for a nursing degree you'll be taught exactly the same thing as every university in the UK as the coursework is set by NMC.
It's the way you get taught at individuals universities is the only difference.

Unfortunately can't give you exact information on what questions etc you'll be asked due to the fairness of other candidates.
Best of luck
NHS Scotland dual adult nurse and midwife
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
You don't say for which uni :smile:. I've moved your thread to the Nursing & Midwifery forum and there are lots of threads here talking about the interview process that you can have a look through. Please note that specific questions can't be shared on TSR as it gives those who follow and unfair advantage.

Thank you for your reply, its University of Wolverhampton and Staffordshire.
Reply 4
Original post by Allyson2020
Hi

It would have been helpful to know what university you are doing your interview at.

Congratulations on getting a interview for nursing at university.
Activities sounds like you'll be doing MMI's stations - you'll do about 6 individuals mini intervals at various tables ( stations) and you'll have to describe/ talk about something that you are given at each one, they usually last about 5-10 minutes each.
You'll have your own individual interview then do the MMI's and probably a group session with all those attending when everyone get a chance to answer questions.

Example questions you should researched on -
NMC code of practice
NHS core values
6 C's of nursery
Why do you want to be a nurse
Why this particular university

Basically no matter what university you go to for a nursing degree you'll be taught exactly the same thing as every university in the UK as the coursework is set by NMC.
It's the way you get taught at individuals universities is the only difference.

Unfortunately can't give you exact information on what questions etc you'll be asked due to the fairness of other candidates.
Best of luck
NHS Scotland dual adult nurse and midwife

Thank you for your reply, its a great help. I have interviews at Wolverhampton and Staffordshire university, the one at Staffordshire is done over teams.
Original post by SEM007
Thank you for your reply, its a great help. I have interviews at Wolverhampton and Staffordshire university, the one at Staffordshire is done over teams.

No worries and hopefully everything goes well for you with interviews.
Apologies for late response to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending